just got xbox now?

moyes

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have been reading xbox softmods and what you can do- xbmc.
:Fish:I thought like to try this!
So i managed to get xbox for 15 quid yesterday.then today got splinter cell(classic) for 90 pence.
now i was looking at getting a 8mb xbox card( as not had before so how do you get files on card......as i presume if you need usb mod for other way to put files on then why bother with card)
so realy what should i get.a xbox card or usb mod.
then i read when softmod you back up eeprom.i presume xbox knows there is a usb or card to send backup.
as you can tell i am a newb.

I have been reading xbox softmods and what you can do- xbmc.
:Fish:I thought like to try this!
So i managed to get xbox for 15 quid yesterday.then today got splinter cell(classic) for 90 pence.
now i was looking at getting a 8mb xbox card( as not had before so how do you get files on card......as i presume if you need usb mod for other way to put files on then why bother with card)
so realy what should i get.a xbox card or usb mod.
then i read when softmod you back up eeprom.i presume xbox knows there is a usb or card to send backup.
as you can tell i am a newb.

Once you softmod the xbox, the dashboard allows an FTP connection. So just use a crossover cable, configure network details, and copy the eeprom etc to a PC for safe storage

just got myself a 8mb xbox memory card for 49p.

then i thought how do i get files onto that to put on xbox?

You need a xbox to usb convertor so you can put the memory card on the PC. You can get them off ebay for a few quid or you might find one second hand.

Also download a copy of auto-installer deluxe, there is a link on another thread.

Then load splinter cell, load saved game and apply softmod which installs a basic dash. Then reboot with auto-installer DVD and let it install XBMC, job done. It should not take more then an hour to do the lot.

While you are at it also grab a xbox remote, make using xbmc a lot nicer.

or if you know a kind person with a modded xbox already, they can copy the files to your memory card for you from their xbox

Back