xbox 360 jtag or just flash drive ???

brian0812

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi all ive just got a 2008 xbox 360 60gb to mod my thing is is it best to jtag it or just flash the rom never done jtag before but i have soldered a lot of boxes in my time i can flash the rom easy done a few of them before so do i jtag the system or do i flash what do you think is best

p.s ive checked and it can be done with jtag as its not been updated in a long time

If it is 7371 dashboard or less, JTAG is a must to get the most out of it. You won't really need the DVD rom, but as you are gpoing to open it, bets top flash that too.

thanks for the info mate ill order the hand-x and get it done as i don't have lpt port on my pc

thanks for that mate ill go look for one :Biggrin2:

so what do i need just Jr Programmer v2 or do i also need cool runner

ive been looking at this guide

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
The JR Programmmer/NAnd X is required to read/write to nand memory. One of these is required.

You have missed the Jtag exploit as you dashboard is higher than 7371. You options are:

RGH 1 is pretty solid on Falcons so will be the cheapest option provided you do not have a split CB. You will need a glitch chip (coolrunner being one variety of them)
R-Jtag is another option which is similar to the old jtag. Costs a bit more.

Martin C's raoadmap for newbies is a good guide to read.

thanks mate ill start reading and order it :Biggrin2:

I would stick with RGH1, i have done about 8 Falcons with RJtag and had freezing issues with 4 of them , although sorted out eventually with a lot of time and effort. Falcons on RGH1 are more or less going to boot instantly.

ok thanks ill get the TX CoolRunner II Rev C Development Board and the TX JR Programmer v2 and do the rgh1 then thanks a lot for the info

Last edited:
Old XBOX360 (XENON) then def. JTAG, Newer - Go with RGH.

Back