Just got this email from Sony

Leeagt

Inactive User
Reaction score
Looks like i've been caught

Important: Access to the PlayStation(R)Network and Access to Qriocity(TM) Services Notice

Unauthorized circumvention devices for PlayStation(R)3 system have been recently released by hackers for the PlayStation(R)3 system. These devices permit the use of unauthorized or pirated software.

Use of such devices or software violates the terms of your “System Software License Agreement for the PlayStation(R)3 System” and the “Terms of Services and User Agreement” for the PlayStation(R)Network/Qriocity(TM) and its Community Code of Conduct provisions. In addition, copying or playing pirated software is a violation of International Copyright Laws.

A circumvention device and/or unauthorized or pirated software currently resides on your PlayStation(R)3 system.

Immediately cease use and remove all circumvention devices and delete all unauthorized or pirated software from your PlayStation(R)3 system. Failure to do so will result in termination of your access to PlayStation(R) Network and access to Qriocity(TM) services through your PlayStation(R)3 system.

================================================================================================

Please note that this is an automated e-mail, so replies to this address cannot be responded to.

(C)2011 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

eu.playstation.com Official PlayStation website: Country Selector

"PlayStation", "PlayStation Network", "PlayStation Store", "PlayStation Home", "PS3", "PSP" and "PS2" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All titles, content, publisher names, trademarks, artwork, and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

Games sold in the United Kingdom are age rated by the independent organisations PEGI and BBFC. To find out more, visit PEGI Pan European Game Information - Welcome, British Board of Film Classification or Askaboutgames - computer games information | children and video games | age ratings | facts and figures | videogames glossary | industry information | genres | parental locks. Age ratings indicate the age for which the game is suitable.

If you have PlayStation(R)Network account you can edit your profile and notification preferences, including unsubscribing, from within your account. Sign In here. https://secure.eu.playstation.com/sign-in/

If you don’t have a PlayStation(R)Network account and want to unsubscribe, email us here. mailto:[email protected]?subject=Unsubscribe

PlayStation(R)Network, PlayStation(R)Store and PlayStation(R)Home subject to terms of use and not available in all countries and languages (eu.playstation.com/terms). Broadband internet service required. Users are responsible for broadband access fees. Charges apply for some content. Users must be 7 years or older and users under 18 require parental consent.

Prices, content, promotions and services are subject to change or withdrawal at any time. Content may not be available in all territories.

Last edited:
just had this in an email from playstation

Important: Access to the PlayStation(R)Network and Access to Qriocity(TM) Services Notice

Unauthorized circumvention devices for PlayStation(R)3 system have been recently released by hackers for the PlayStation(R)3 system. These devices permit the use of unauthorized or pirated software.

Use of such devices or software violates the terms of your “System Software License Agreement for the PlayStation(R)3 System” and the “Terms of Services and User Agreement” for the PlayStation(R)Network/Qriocity(TM) and its Community Code of Conduct provisions. In addition, copying or playing pirated software is a violation of International Copyright Laws.

A circumvention device and/or unauthorized or pirated software currently resides on your PlayStation(R)3 system.

Immediately cease use and remove all circumvention devices and delete all unauthorized or pirated software from your PlayStation(R)3 system. Failure to do so will result in termination of your access to PlayStation(R) Network and access to Qriocity(TM) services through your PlayStation(R)3 system.

Re: just had this in an email from playstation

what difference does it make anyway as with the hack i have i cant play online anyway, so them revoking it makes not a pick of difference to me, lol!

Just got the same email too. :)

Maybe they are just sending them out to everyone with a PSN account. :)

i got it too

Just got the same email too. :)

Maybe they are just sending them out to everyone with a PSN account. :)

Just checked my email account and i've not got one. So it seems to just be people who have used a hack are getting them

Just checked my email account and i've not got one. So it seems to just be people who have used a hack are getting them

Used the hack and tried to go online, or have gone online?

I haven't got an email, but I've not tried to log into PSN

Be interesting to see how many of the peeps that get the email also used the stealth features like "Wipe History" or "Erase Me", I know I did and still got the email.

Used the hack and tried to go online, or have gone online?

I haven't got an email, but I've not tried to log into PSN

I've not hacked my ps3 in any way, i was waiting for somethink stable to come out, as online play is a big thing to me.

Dont play online, but do have a psn account. Havent signed into it since I changed fw though.

hhmm... how would they know then? I have a PSN account somewhere - but deleted it ages ago before i started messing on with the PS3, never played online since i tried GTA4 and couldn't find any opponents! i ain't got an email yet - maybe it's just a scare tactic then

seems like a blanket scare tactic, read on a different forum that a guy got one from his PSP PSN account????

Be interesting to see how many of the peeps that get the email also used the stealth features like "Wipe History" or "Erase Me", I know I did and still got the email.

same here mate i used all the apps tbh i never expected them to save us the devs dont know enough about whats going on i dont think at the moment, i think everyone is going to recieve the email i got mine last night its basically just repeating the press release, well when its gone its gone we will be no worse off than we was last week lol

I got the email too, im off to hide under the stairs :)

Back