Judder problem fixed

Re: Backup Image for SHD 8900 / Alien 1 (sti7111) - JUDDER FIX!

ah right!

Im still running a older image but updated it with the built i updater and it seems ok now with no judder.

update............

I fixed up the image a bit more and uploaded a new one - the previous one was causing glitching on certain channels, this should now be resolved.

1. Now uses oscam_ymod_v18-t34 as the cam - more stable than the previous version of oscam which caused glitching.
2. Restored original OpenPLI hybrid Keymap

SPARK(GM990,AA)_HYBRID_OPENPLI_130906_TV.zip download - 2shared

gonna try this tonight hopefully

Fixed on my Hyperion v2 Image for the Amiko Alien2. Simply use the online updater and reboot twice.

Menu > PKT BluePanel > Actualizations > Download

hows it take to install. been flashing u ld for over 5 mins

sorry has to be flashed through spark!
how do i get my bouquets ups? using the down button changes the channel and not the bouquet list which is annoying?

edit its the ok button!

how do i change the screen size osd? as my menus are off the screen no matter what the a/v settings are?

I cant find the option?

EDIT thought id try changing the skin in case that helped and that just made my telly say out of range and i had to reflash the whole image.
tryed 1080i @50hz and it seems better.

is there any screen where i can see ecm times?#

and thanks for your upload??

Last edited:

Press OK, followed by the Blue (Favourites) button. That brings you into the Bouquets list to go and browse the Bouquets

Press OK, followed by the Blue (Favourites) button. That brings you into the Bouquets list to go and browse the Bouquets

cheers mate i worked that out in the end:)

sorry has to be flashed through spark!
how do i get my bouquets ups? using the down button changes the channel and not the bouquet list which is annoying?

edit its the ok button!

how do i change the screen size osd? as my menus are off the screen no matter what the a/v settings are?

I cant find the option?

EDIT thought id try changing the skin in case that helped and that just made my telly say out of range and i had to reflash the whole image.
tryed 1080i @50hz and it seems better.

is there any screen where i can see ecm times?#

and thanks for your upload??

In a web browser goto the oscam page:

e.g.

10.0.0.1:8888

You will see the ecm response times. You can also manage oscam from here (if you wish) .

What are peoples over all thoughts on the judder fix?

i have tried a couple of different images on the 8900 and instead of the judder i am getting a pixelation sometimes followed by a black screen instead of the judder.

Both images I have tried are open pli hybrid images, would love to see a HDMU or OpenAR image fix.

What are peoples over all thoughts on the judder fix?

i have tried a couple of different images on the 8900 and instead of the judder i am getting a pixelation sometimes followed by a black screen instead of the judder.

Both images I have tried are open pli hybrid images, would love to see a HDMU or OpenAR image fix.

Did you try this one - I re-uploaded with a new oscam version :

I had the same issue using the oscam version used by j00zek in his original OpenPLI Hybrid image - pixelation followed by the info screen appearing all the time on certain channels - I tracked it down to long ECM's by looking at the oscam logs. I'm guessing the version of oscam he used wasn't dealing with long ECM's very well - I changed the oscam version to oscam_ymod_v18-t34 and the issue mostly went away. I might pull the oscam version off my old Open-ARP image as I had no cam issues on that image at all.

Last edited:

Is the judder issue not related to hardware? From what I have read I was led to believe this was a hardware or driver issue?

Is the judder issue not related to hardware? From what I have read I was led to believe this was a hardware or driver issue?

No, it was never possible that it was a hardware issue as the issue didn't happen for the spark firmware - only enigma2 .

It was indeed a driver / module issue - which is software - which was fixed. The fix was only done early September so it needs time to filter out into more enigma2 builds.

Last edited:

Brilliant news. Thanks Steve. Have been getting by on sd channels as have become a hd snob.

mines seems ok but the image has to many power saving features on it i think..............if i turn the box off for a while and then back on again it takes about 30 seconds to come back on and just displays a spinning circle in the corner...................

Also dont like having to push the ok button for the bouquet selection oh and i like to to have my ecm times on the info bar..........cant seem to find that option ..........oh and any other skin thats selected seems to crash my box............................

BUT ITS WORKING:)

always goes wrong when some one else is watching it and not me!

mines seems ok but the image has to many power saving features on it i think..............if i turn the box off for a while and then back on again it takes about 30 seconds to come back on and just displays a spinning circle in the corner...................

Also dont like having to push the ok button for the bouquet selection oh and i like to to have my ecm times on the info bar..........cant seem to find that option ..........oh and any other skin thats selected seems to crash my box............................

BUT ITS WORKING:)

always goes wrong when some one else is watching it and not me!

They are all just settings - you need to play about - I turned the power saving options / auto shutdown off . These are under the menu / setup options.

I changed the bouquet / channel list display to the up / down buttons (as it is on Open-ARP) by modifying /usr/share/enigma2/keymap.xml .

For ecm times on info bar - goto the channel list, press menu, goto "configuration" and there is an option there to "display ecm times on info bar" .

Last edited:

They are all just settings - you need to play about - I turned the power saving options / auto shutdown off . These are under the menu / setup options.

I changed the bouquet / channel list display to the up / down buttons (as it is on Open-ARP) by modifying /usr/share/enigma2/keymap.xml .

For ecm times on info bar - goto the channel list, press menu, goto "configuration" and there is an option there to "display ecm times on info bar" .

i thought id done that that for the ecms:) and turned the auto power off only thing i havnt done is fiddled with the key map

Did you try this one - I re-uploaded with a new oscam version :

I had the same issue using the oscam version used by j00zek in his original OpenPLI Hybrid image - pixelation followed by the info screen appearing all the time on certain channels - I tracked it down to long ECM's by looking at the oscam logs. I'm guessing the version of oscam he used wasn't dealing with long ECM's very well - I changed the oscam version to oscam_ymod_v18-t34 and the issue mostly went away. I might pull the oscam version off my old Open-ARP image as I had no cam issues on that image at all.

This is def a lot better but still get an odd black screen.

Back