Jews

whatever happens if this country becomes a muslim state the jews will be the first to be kicked out

I heard its because they lay big eggs with Jew kids in, and they can shape shift into other things like cockroaches, my mate Mel reckon they caused all the wars in the world. Apart from that there meant to be canny lads

Anyone not see the Louis Theroux thing last week? Will still be on the iPlayer.

They reckon they are chosen by God or something; they are God's favourites - imagine how that makes everyone else feel, lol...

The way they behave on that Louis Theroux thing though as a nation, is absolutly disgusting. Very unenlightened and unreligious.

most organised religions seem to be very unenlightened and unreligious, if intolerance, bigotry, hatred and lack of respect for your fellow man are anything to go by :(

Ps I thought it was a religion and not a race? Is religion different to race then? Thought race is colour?

Whilst there are only a few (cant remember exactly but 5 or 6 I think) distinct racial groups its usually ethnicity rather than race that causes problems. An ethnic group is a set of people that identify with each other because they share a common trait such as language, heritage, culture, ideology etc. In this respect Jews should really be called an ethnic group rather than a racial group. Interestingly, ethnic groups often include all or multiple racial types. Its the common trait thats important, not race !

'Ethnicity' can be pretty much anything a particular group defines it as. Just look at some of the 'ethnic' cleansing campaigns that have take place (and are still occuring) in various places. Even the smallest difference between two groups, whether it be language, religeon, culture or even just which side of a river your born on can all be responsible for 'ethnic violence. Again, actual racial type often doesn't come into it !

Anyone not see the Louis Theroux thing last week? Will still be on the iPlayer.

They reckon they are chosen by God or something; they are God's favourites - imagine how that makes everyone else feel, lol...

The way they behave on that Louis Theroux thing though as a nation, is absolutly disgusting. Very unenlightened and unreligious.

Those were Ultra Conservative Zionist Jews. Their beliefs are on the lunatic fringe of Judaism.

Those were Ultra Conservative Zionist Jews. Their beliefs are on the lunatic fringe of Judaism.

Well maybe so, but that must mean the goverment of the country is as well, becasuse they seem to be letting it happen.

All very medieval. Just ineffable that there are no leaders there who can make them see the madness that they are pursuing.

These extremist groups exist within just about all religions. Its certainly not peculiar to Jews.

These extremist groups exist within just about all religions. Its certainly not peculiar to Jews.

It's gone under my radar to give it a label until now, but I had epiphany when watching The Big Questions on Sunday morning on the BBC. Have you noticed how the athiest movement is now like a religion in itself, and extremist at that?

Do you think that extremists from all the religions are just mentally ill people? I'm sure that if there was no religion to fight for, the same people would be scrapping at a football match etc. lol

Do you think that extremists from all the religions are just mentally ill people?

Not mentally ill as such but, in the main, very weak willed and easily led. You rarely find more than one dominant personality in any particular group.

There are exceptions of course but groups with more dominents tend to be less extreme.

I watched the Louie theroux thing the other night and they to me are just as bad as anyone else.

They are forcing Palestinians out of their homes and building illegal homes in Jerusalem. They are prepared to kill for what they deem to be their land.

Religious extremists is what they are, not all but the ones on that program were.

Have you noticed how the athiest movement is now like a religion in itself, and extremist at that?

A very good point. :Clap:

Some atheists could give Ian Paisley a run for his money when it comes to intolerance.

That's the thing, just because you don't believe in something does not mean its wrong or right and I don't think anyone should be lambasted for their beliefs.
Everyone is entitled to think what they want except from those who believe in creationism..... now that is bollocks!

I watched the Louie theroux thing the other night and they to me are just as bad as anyone else.

They are forcing Palestinians out of their homes and building illegal homes in Jerusalem. They are prepared to kill for what they deem to be their land.

Religious extremists is what they are, not all but the ones on that program were.

As I said though, they are by no stretch of the imagination unique. All religeons have their extremists to some extent. Some of the worst extremists are actually so called Christians but take any religeon, and you'll find it harbouring a bunch of zealot nutters somewhere within its ranks !

Interesting topic. I think any "rules" are there to be broken and it is not the rules that are the flaw. The flaw is the fact that humans are following these rules.
You will get certain people who will see it as a way to gain power / money. When they use a little knowledge to make out that they have a lot of knowledge, there will be a few that start to follow this person, and then they will attract a few more and so on. So when in the beginning this one guy had a few followers, now he has a few thousand. He gets money in donations, he gets power, people go to him for advice and as a human being, it will corrupt him.
On the other hand, if we all kept to the rules (angels), there be no point in free thinking people, no point in being humans, might as well be robots.

Another thought, which of these will be extinct or be destroyed first, the earth or humans?

Was watching an interesting program last night on nat geo about the story of the earth.

As I said though, they are by no stretch of the imagination unique. All religeons have their extremists to some extent. Some of the worst extremists are actually so called Christians but take any religeon, and you'll find it harbouring a bunch of zealot nutters somewhere within its ranks !

Yeah your right m8 totally agree, im an athiest but i don't force it on anyone believe what you want to believe.

It's certainly got a lot ot answer for this religion lark lol.

Interesting topic. I think any "rules" are there to be broken and it is not the rules that are the flaw. The flaw is the fact that humans are following these rules.
You will get certain people who will see it as a way to gain power / money. When they use a little knowledge to make out that they have a lot of knowledge, there will be a few that start to follow this person, and then they will attract a few more and so on. So when in the beginning this one guy had a few followers, now he has a few thousand. He gets money in donations, he gets power, people go to him for advice and as a human being, it will corrupt him.
On the other hand, if we all kept to the rules (angels), there be no point in free thinking people, no point in being humans, might as well be robots.

Another thought, which of these will be extinct or be destroyed first, the earth or humans?

Was watching an interesting program last night on nat geo about the story of the earth.

A bit OT soz but on that point I remember seeing a scientist on TV many years ago saying that it was typically arrogant of us as humans to use phrases such as 'destroying the planet' etc, she pointed out that Earth will still be here long after we have gone, in one shape or another.

An obvious point but it really made me sit back and think.

Anyway to put the thread back on topic, I think her dentists next door neighbour was Jewish.

Back