iPad Itv player abroad

charlie senator

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i'm in Turkey at the moment and the wife wants to catch up on Emmerdale
I've got Overplays smart dns enabled on my ipad so is there a way i can use it to get ITV player working over here ?

Hi guys i'm in Turkey at the moment and the wife wants to catch up on Emmerdale
I've got Overplays smart dns enabled on my ipad so is there a way i can use it to get ITV player working over here ?

Find a Bar that plays the uk soaps.
You drink beer wife watches soaps.
everyone is a winner :)

I thought of that ian but she's lying by the pool moaning about me being technical etc but she cant watch Emmerdale WTF

If overplays dns service is enabled for uk access and configured on your ipad then surely running the itv player app will just work? Or the website :) assuming you have Internet access that is

It is running on the ipad but ITV player says i'm outside the UK ?

Does overplay give you different dns addresses if you log in to the website? Last dns service I used I had to select the services I wanted enabled so maybe it's something along those lines?

Thanks james i'll have a play with it tomorrow and see what happens.

I managed to get her up to date with Emmerdale on utube today.

Just an update on this for anyone interested.
Overplay smart dns does work but the dns changes to 192.168.2.1 so you have to input Overplays dns addresses again.

The ITV player stream is a bit iffy though. I suppose its to do with the wifi connection over here.

Just an update on this for anyone interested.
Overplay smart dns does work but the dns changes to 192.168.2.1 so you have to input Overplays dns addresses again.

The ITV player stream is a bit iffy though. I suppose its to do with the wifi connection over here.

Sounds about right then.

Depending on what country your trying to access I guess means different servers are required.

You need VPN client to fool the player so it thinks your in UK

Back