Tivimate player

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I've got tivimate premium on my firestick 4k paid version. How do you change to player of your choice. I've got mxplayer snd vlc player installed but can't chsnge them in tivimate settings?
Ta

There's no option to change player, upgraded to tivimate 4.0 still no option to select any other player..?

I thought you go into settings then playback then change to external player select yes then the next time you change channel it will ask you which player you wanna use and a list of the players you have installed on your stick appears. I tried this but then the channel selection Ive just got use to goes t*ts up and I struggled to navigate between channels. I just found this hope it helps:

"You can turn on the external player for all channels by going into Settings --> Playback --> Use External Player. However, that means ALL of your channels use External Player from then on and you lose some of the Tivimate features such as channel zapping. If the sound issue only effects a few channels it might be better to set up External Player for those channels only. To do that: From TV Guide highlight the channel. Long press OK/RETURN. A menu will pop up on the right. Go to the "Add Favorites" star. A popup will come up to the left. Choose "Channel Options". Here you have the ability to assign the External Player for that channel, not all channels."

I know this much, I have noticed a tonne of buffering and circle swirling on Tivimate of late and stuck in repeating say 5 seconds. I've used the same server on other apps and I get no were near as much infact hardly any. I've altered the buffering from off to high and it's still the same. I got reading last night and I'm not the only one there are hundreds of people saying the same regarding swirling freezing with Tivimate. Some are saying poor quality due to a compression problem.

Last edited:
I use the paid version of imPlayer but use the inbuilt player and seems to work ok.

There's no option to change player, upgraded to tivimate 4.0 still no option to select any other player..?
Go to settings, then playback then use external player and click yes, now click on a channel and it will give you the media player options to choose from ;)

The problem I found when changing player is, the channel menu and EPG dissappears.
I installed VLC Stalker Player and MX Player but both just act as a normal player pause stop start

Then I sussed it :)
Long hold on the OK button and the menu appears along the bottom

Ah ok..got it..but tivimate no longer working for me..just get that swirling circle thing no channels loading, rebooted fitestick, cleared cache, rebooted Internet but same issue..??

Ah ok..got it..but tivimate no longer working for me..just get that swirling circle thing no channels loading, rebooted fitestick, cleared cache, rebooted Internet but same issue..??
Have you tried your sub on another app just to make sure it’s not your sub that’s down🤔

Back