DVB - PC Cards Its Doning My Head In!!!!!!

ramtech

Inactive User
Reaction score
Did a fresh install of vista i have a c1501-c dvb-c tuner card after days if messing finaly got the right drivers installed and have vista seeing the VMC seeing the card i have ran tt dvc mapper from the mce tools and maped the fq to dvb-t fq goto do a scan but it comes up with no channels...

im sure im doing everything right but am i missing something....
i know vmc does not support softcams but i thourght it would at the very least give me the free to air.

also just worked out you need to set it back to a dvb-c card for other software to see it even tt media does not want to play ball when its set to a dvb-t card any help from you guys would be great...

is there any where in the reg i can edit for chanel fq in vmc

cheers guys im pulling my hair out on this 1...

well finaly got it to scan

And guys not inpressed at all.....

scan gets to about 30% finds 134 services the shoots up to 100% (it only finds fta)

Picture is very choppy keep getting a green screen as if signal is week.

But if i take it out of dvb-t mode and use it in dvbviewer everthing is fine.

any idieas guys....

If you go to Settings > Edit Channels you have to select the encrypted channels - MCE2005 (I don't know about VMC tbh) doesn't select them by default.

just managed to find that now...

i am going to hang on abit now as i need a hardcam to work in vista media center..

does anybody know an easyer way of sorting the guide and do you know if you can add to the catogerys or does it just do it its self..
have a lot of channels that say no guide avalible...

also is there any way to get the digital radio channels into the radio tab seems abit silly to have tem all in the tv guide when there is a radio tab there...

i think my pic problem is signal strenght going to try a booster on it...

have my line split 4 ways now 2x250 modem dreambox with booster and now my computer(but its 2 up 2 down at mo)

cheers

Sorting the channels is a pain, there's a thread with some additional apps to do it somewhere.

Categories are fixed, I beleive.

"No Guide Data" is when the Channel Name that's on the tuned channel doesn't match a hannel Name in the Guide downlaod. "Film Four" and "Film 4" is a good example. Settings > Edit Channels > Add Listings to Channel.

The Radi tab is for tuner cards that have FM Radios built in rather than scanned channels.

first thing to do is use the channel exclusion list in the reg...i aint found no other way other to manually sort...all the apps seem to mess up...i got a mce wireless keyboard so i use the spacebar to move things...it's quicker but still a pain inthe arse.

cheers

just on a side not until my hardcam turns up do you know if tt-media center supports plugins ie softcam...
just managed to get tt- to scan for channels as a fake dvb-t tuner ( its only so i dont have to keep restarting my computer every time i want to watch a encyiped channel...
cheers

hopefully will be getting my zeta blue card and fun4 tomorry can somebody point me in the right direction of the files i need to do a joker card and a fun au..
cheers

Or Google.

I would sort out the boxkey on the CAM first - I couldn't change it on a ZetaCam or an Icecrypt so I put the default boxkey on the fun.

Got my Zeta Blue now all i need is a card and programmer...

Before i shell out for a cas3 what else can i use it for...(i am eventually going to get a moto dish)

Also i know i need to set box key thesame on cam and card but is there something else netid? ird? if so were do iget this info from for my area...

cheers...

...but is there something else netid? ird? if so were do iget this info from for my area...

No, you dont need this information. IRD No is pretty irrelevant for Nagra-emulation cams and NetId is something that most PC dvb applications know nothing about.

The information from a dbox/dreambox scan for your NetId might be useful though so you can find out all the transducer frequencies. It can make scanning easier if you know exactly what frequencies to scan.

You'll also require the correct symbol rate and modulation type (qam64)

Just a quick question about fun4 cards are they rewritable as if i make a mistake i can start again....?

Yes, they are. It's all very scary/difficult/confusing when you first do it, then once you've cracked it it's a doddle.

A bit like riding a bike.

finaly got my fun4 and cas3 i have managed to put joker079 on to cam with abit of fiddleing...

i have the tut for making a fun card but can someone please confirm the files...in the writing software the is 3 boxes to put files in.. i know 1 is the ntl.bin and 1 is the chaos V3 NTL.HEX but which 1 is which and what do you do with the 3rd (or am i missing somthing...

also when i put the cam into the ci slot dvbviewer does not show anything...

“NTL.bin” is the external eeprom and “chaos V3 NTL” as the flash. You can leave the internal eeprom alone.

Last edited:
Back