Viark-Starsat Box Discussion

I'll look into it once I've scanned in all the sats. Do you go with Satellite scan or blind scan? I've seen some people suggest anything other than blind might miss some channels/TPs?

I found blind scan missed some TP's on a few sats an example was it missed the Eurosport HD Tp on 28e i had to add some manually so i dont think the blind scan is that good. But you have to use it really.

Id say the packages your most interested in check the TP's you have to what kigofsats has to make sure its not missed any.

If I'm only interested in Footy, do I need to look into BISS keys (Can I ask that here?) and if so, is it just 16e or others too? And does the Sat 4K take care of it, or do I need to manually add some? (not asking how, I can figure that out, I'm sure).

If I'm only interested in Footy, do I need to look into BISS keys (Can I ask that here?) and if so, is it just 16e or others too? And does the Sat 4K take care of it, or do I need to manually add some? (not asking how, I can figure that out, I'm sure).
Hello mate

The Viark has auto biss it will find 97% of keys just leave it on the channel for a couple of mins and it will clear.

I didn't really find any sports channels on 7e or 10e. What did you find on there? Maybe I've missed some TPs & I'll need to look again.

I'm going to try a full rescan on 19.2e when I get back home this evening. Delete everything that's there & go again with maybe Blind & Network scan, but can anyone suggest why I might not be picking up all channels on any particular TP? I can manually enter TP details, and it picks up a couple of channels listed on KoS, but multiple ones are often missing. Could my USALS setting not be quite accurate enough maybe? - on my E2 boxes, I could go to 3 decimal places - ie 0.142N/51.501E, but on the Viark Sat 4K, I can only go to 0.1/51.5 I think.
An example would be 12070 H 27500 9/10 - it picks up CNBC Eur, but pretty much nothing else.

I'm going to try a full rescan on 19.2e when I get back home this evening. Delete everything that's there & go again with maybe Blind & Network scan, but can anyone suggest why I might not be picking up all channels on any particular TP? I can manually enter TP details, and it picks up a couple of channels listed on KoS, but multiple ones are often missing. Could my USALS setting not be quite accurate enough maybe? - on my E2 boxes, I could go to 3 decimal places - ie 0.142N/51.501E, but on the Viark Sat 4K, I can only go to 0.1/51.5 I think.
An example would be 12070 H 27500 9/10 - it picks up CNBC Eur, but pretty much nothing else.
You can enter your own frequency details on the same page you run the scan on highlight the current frequency and press OK same for fec etc it will then add those tp details. Youll be fine been out .042 on your usuals settings.

Last edited:
Pretty sure that's what I'm doing. So I'd press OK on the Frequency option, move over to "add" option, enter the details of 12070 H 27500 9/10 and, then exit back out. I'd select that TP, move down to Satellite scan, and change it to TP scan. It scans the TP, but like I said above, only picks up CNBC Europe, but none of the Sly channels that also should be on there.

Only cnbc has any video/audio pids so wont be able to view others anyway
Try 11171 H 22000, That should find 5 channels theres 9 in total but 4 have no video/audio pids
You should see Universal HD Sky cinema action TNT serie HD DAZN 1 HD Sky Sport Austria

Only cnbc has any video/audio pids so wont be able to view others anyway
Try 11171 H 22000, That should find 5 channels theres 9 in total but 4 have no video/audio pids
You should see Universal HD Sky cinema action TNT serie HD DAZN 1 HD Sky Sport Austria
You're right. It did find those channels, but not the others listed.
So, the ones without PIDs, there's no way of getting these channels then? Sorry, still getting my head around this different system to what I've been used to.

Glad that I bought this box, but I need to decide if it will be my goto device for this season, or the S Sport app that gives me all my league games in English and was only £13 for a year. Thinking I might end going between them. Can't wait for Friday :)

Back