Viark-Starsat Box Discussion

I've ordered a DRS2, tbh not bothered about recording or epg. I have heard of people having trouble driving a dish with it though?

I've ordered a DRS2, tbh not bothered about recording or epg. I have heard of people having trouble driving a dish with it though?

Very common problem not all have issues though you maybe lucky, seems it display LnB short and wont move the dish.

Some have cured it by only using vertical channels to switch to another sat injunction with an Inverto Black Ultra LNB.

Very common problem not all have issues though you maybe lucky, seems it display LnB short and wont move the dish.

Some have cured it by only using vertical channels to switch to another sat injunction with an Inverto Black Ultra LNB.
Ferret you are a very knowledgable person, I'm just playing at all this, but Ive just been thinking, if the DRS2 won't drive the motor, could I operate the motor via my old spiderox and use the loop through to feed the signal to the DRS2

For anybody thinking of buying one of these boxes it seems the sat 4k box will move a motor with no problems, it doesn't have android though.

Its the model i have the Sat 4k i opted for it because it wasn't android ive had the wetekplay and play 2 both android sat boxes both could not move my stabb mount reliably a H9 i had couldn't either. The sat 4k has no trouble and it gets its feed off a loop through from my duo 2 so if i was going to have trouble the bottle neck so to speak is right there.

The DRS2 is in my opinion a $50 android box with a tuner thrown on.

Same here Sat 4K has no problem moving the motor.
Also have dm800se tuner is weak now and no longer moves motor, zgemma h9s doesn't move motor for me either, they both work fine from a fixed feed so not a problem.

Does anyone know of an A/B switch that will work with a Unicable Lnb ?

I have 2 dishs, 1 being a 1.2m channel master (vbox 36v) and the other is a mini dish for 28.2E as I don't get a signal on 28.2E from the 1.2m due to tree's.

But the mini dish uses a Unicable II lnb and it's a royal pain in the ass swapping the lnb cable over everytime I want to view sats other than 28.2E.

Id say it would mate as the A/B switch is a pretty dumb animal.
I have an old A/B switch but it won't work (or I should say I can't get it to work).

I am not sure if the problem is the Viark as when you select unicable it removes all diseqc options or if it's the switch that is the problem as although I can't set it for unicable I can set the other sats to use the switch, and it works, for a bit then suddenly it decides the signal is weak.

I have an old A/B switch but it won't work (or I should say I can't get it to work).

I am not sure if the problem is the Viark as when you select unicable it removes all diseqc options or if it's the switch that is the problem as although I can't set it for unicable I can set the other sats to use the switch, and it works, for a bit then suddenly it decides the signal is weak.

Connect directly to the Viark and see if the diseqc option stay when you select unicable if the dont is not the A/B switch and possibly a limitation of the Viark.

Sounds like very cheap internals, cheap capasitors not being up to much or storing a charge for long enough to bump the motor into life. anyone got a screen shot off the said gift working may get one for the outlaws has they only have freesat and the old boy likes the footie.

Connect directly to the Viark and see if the diseqc option stay when you select unicable if the dont is not the A/B switch and possibly a limitation of the Viark.
The option is gone as soon as you select unicable.

I asked on the spanish forum (with google translate) if it was an option they could add and I got some bullshit sarcastic reply (but maybe it was lost in translation).

anyone got a screen shot off the said gift working may get one for the outlaws has they only have freesat and the old boy likes the footie.

No but Sly movies sport some general entertainment is open it does not open every channel on 28e.

What it opens across the arc is excellent imo.

The option is gone as soon as you select unicable.

I asked on the spanish forum (with google translate) if it was an option they could add and I got some bullshit sarcastic reply (but maybe it was lost in translation).

Guess you could run a hybrid LNB then to get around it.

Guess you could run a hybrid LNB then to get around it.
I will stick with swapping the cable over for now, if the box lasts a few months longer on 28.2E then I might reconsider the lnb options (although once we get deep into winter, the tree's will die back a bit and I should get some signal on the motorised dish from 28.2E then).

Back