say £60, send them a cheque for £61. They will
send you a cheque back for £1. Tear that
cheque up, never cash it. They cannot legally
put the points on your licence until all
financial transactions have cleared. This
means that you will have paid the fine, but you
won't get the points on your licence.
Apparently.

I dont know about that but wouldnt suprise me with the flip-flop laws over here.

If it is true im going to Blackpool tonight :D

i would say no as they will stick the points on anyway
if you go to court and they fine you then they put points on even if you pay the fine weekly so all money has not changed hands and you still got the points on
hope i am wrong but dont think i am

Never heard that one before, but that doesnt mean its not true.

Where did you get the info from?

Hope that works.

Expecting one through the post shortly. Driving on the motorway between blackpool and manchester and as you join one motorway from another the speed limit drops from 70 to 50 for about 200 yards.

The scum suckers were sat on the bend as i was still doing 70 .Didn't see them because of a lorry to the left of me. Hopefully it blocked me at the right moment. Heres hoping!!

Snopes says its an urban legend: http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/ticket.asp

But quick google search muddies the waters a little, some site saying its all bollocks others say try it as it does work (I think it depends on the country your in).

However, someone has tried with North Yorkshire police and he just got the cheque sent back to him with a letter saying 'we've seen this before, it doesn't work' (me paraphrasing).

this was on fifth gear a while back, it doesnt work

if gettin points is totally out of the question then pay a student to take them, or even better, dont get caught (i mean speed :))

what i herd is that if you send a cheque for for over the amount they cannot cash it so they send you the difference back, if you dont cash that they cant cash yours. but i dont think you will get away with it for long.

Back