is this the beginning of the end for torrent sites?

Always get a bit nervous with torrent sites (when I've used them). Usenet all the way

(Apologies for dragging up an old thread but this seemed the best place to post)
hxxp://www.leecherslairywot.com are open for new sign-ups if anyone's looking. Decent site as t0rrent sites go.
HH.

What's promising is that the BT protocol is still being actively developed. And there are even other protocols (some with more emphasis on privacy/security) being developed that may eventually supplant BT

TBH, I'm kinda surprised bittorrent didn't disappear entirely. Japanese programmers have developed some clever software that don't require websites to host any "illegal" files. They're entirely decentralized, you're only required to run the software and nothing more. They've got built-in search capability and user signatures (helps avoiding fake files). Now, if BT ppl could be convinced to use these instead, BT would disappear... No BT sites, no owner to arrest, less risk.

that type of software has been around since just after napster died (for being centralized) and long before BT even existed.

Thanks djkarloz, I cant seems to add Rep points though

Back