is this the beginning of the end for torrent sites?

theseeker

Inactive User
Reaction score
We all heard about pirate bay getting massive fines and imprisonment, now i see that my fav torrent site mininova is up in court soon possibly facing the same sort of penalties if found guilty :(

Surprising really, as all they really do is point to where the torrents are, and dont actually give any files themselves.

I also notice axxo hasn't uploaded any films lately, anyone got any news on whats happened to him/her.

We all heard about pirate bay getting massive fines and imprisonment, now i see that my fav torrent site mininova is up in court soon possibly facing the same sort of penalties if found guilty :(

Surprising really, as all they really do is point to where the torrents are, and dont actually give any files themselves.

I also notice axxo hasn't uploaded any films lately, anyone got any news on whats happened to him/her.

Not the death of torrents, simply the death of public torrents.

yea, probably . I like the public torrent sites tho, its such a pain having to seed everything back .
I do seed back on low seeded things but certainly not all the time, its nice to have the choice.

bloke at work told me axxo now works for nero, but am not too sure if that information is a solid variable, as the guy isn't too bright and mad as a box of frogs

axxo workin for nero lol i have been woundering were he has got 2 hes not uploaded no decent films this year dunno if u guys no but demonoied opens up at the start of evey month for regestration if that helps

For every torrent site that goes down, 5 more will spring up in their place. It's not a battle the music and film industry can ever win.

Gotta agree with Eltax torrents are just to popular at the moment. can't see it coming to a end any time soon. if it did go down the pan you still got newsgroups. :Cheers:

For every torrent site that goes down, 5 more will spring up in their place. It's not a battle the music and film industry can ever win.

true. even if torrents are stopped, another way will replace it to get free media.

axxo doesnt work for nero, what use would they have with him? hes a pirate that encodes dvd to xvid, or should i say xvid to xvid

the media industry never say they will win, MPAA leader admits they will never win on public speeches all the time if u watch them, they simply say that have to make it as hard as they possibly can, and to publicise how easy it is to be caught and the consequences that come with it

pirate bay owners may not "host any copyrighted files on our servers", however the files that they host lead to places that host it, in some countries that is illegal, for pirate bay to comply, they have to block the countries out, which they wont do, which is why they are idiots that will not win imo, also they have admited on radio etc that they use pirate bay themselves for music and applications lol

piracy is mainstream now, that is the issue for the industry, it was different when it was geeks playing with computers from their point of view

TBH, I'm kinda surprised bittorrent didn't disappear entirely. Japanese programmers have developed some clever software that don't require websites to host any "illegal" files. They're entirely decentralized, you're only required to run the software and nothing more. They've got built-in search capability and user signatures (helps avoiding fake files). Now, if BT ppl could be convinced to use these instead, BT would disappear... No BT sites, no owner to arrest, less risk.

Anyone know whats happening with the PirateBay? It's still working fine, but had thought it would have been shut down by now!

Anyone know whats happening with the PirateBay? It's still working fine, but had thought it would have been shut down by now!

The Pirate Bay has now been sold to a legitimate company that wants to start paying rights holders etc....... which means that all pirate stuff will be removed I should imagine............... so basically the end if TPB :CRYBABY:

RIP TPB, you've been a true friend for many a year, RIP

@ Takeshi wicked name mate

All others I still download from piratebay and others just need to only get the html sent and disable js with noscript I must download about 100gb a week Im on my 5th TB hd from tesco's

also for all you looking for a way to not get caught get linux and setup ATA passwording and disk encryption apparently not even the FBI, ci & of course MI5 & 6 can crack both but if they do they need to unencrypt the data which means they can never proove it is what it is because all decryption requires changing the original content of the encrypted file. plus you could always claim your an idiot and a virus did it lol

or they could just look at what you post on here and suggest your talking p1sh :)

Actually I'm not it is a fct of law that no encrypted file can be admissable in the court so go get a spoon and eat your arse

Actually I'm not it is a fct of law that no encrypted file can be admissable in the court so go get a spoon and eat your arse

i know its fact read the way it was meant! i.e your admitting what lie you would tell in court hense i said they could just read that then say in court your talking p1sh

Back