Is there any thing that will tell me my temps of my ram?

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just un-clocked the CPU as I was having a few issues, so also ordered a "Zalman ZM-RC1000" memory cooler fan. (just to see if it's the mem that's spazzing out when under heavy load)

I have "Aida" and also have Core Temp, is there any thing out there that will tell me more specifics about the ram, temperature really?

Cheers

RAM modules don't have built in temperature sensors like CPUs and motherboards do. You'd have to monitor directly with a temperature probe or IR thermometer.

To be honest, you'd do better to stress test the memory with MemTest or the one built into Windows 7.

thanks for clearing that up, that'll explain why I couldn't find any thing and probably is the reason why I have a temp probe sat next to the ram, which is reading 29c - 35c under load, the new RAM fans will cool them down a little me thinks, thanks again mate.

I've stress tested the graphics card, so I'll go and look for some memory stress utility until the fans get here.

You could either try memtest or prime95 to stress test your ram mate. Is your ram overclocked? Best bet is to get your ram at stock and concentrate on the CPU as ram doesn't clock anywhere near as well as a CPU, maybe try either loosening the timings on the ram or double check the ram is getting the right voltage, if it's set to auto make sure it's not meant to be 1.65v or maybe the CPU needs a bit more juice to stay stable? Lots to test lol :)

Sent from my telephone.

Thanks mate, yeah hadn't OC'd the ram, just the CPU, seems like it's settled down a bit now and rendering HDMI is not as bad as what it was, in fact seems a lot better that I've put the CPU back to stock.

Fan's coming tomorrow for the memory any way, so it can only help. I'll let you know what temps it's getting, and thanks will check out the software for stress testing the memory.

CPU Speed:

CPU Clock 3479.6 MHz
CPU Multiplier 17x
CPU FSB 204.7 MHz (original: 200 MHz, overclock: 2%)
HyperTransport Clock 1842.2 MHz
North Bridge Clock 1842.2 MHz
Memory Bus 545.8 MHz
DRAM:FSB Ratio 16:6

Chipset Properties:

Motherboard Chipset AMD 760G/780G/780V/785G/790GX/880G/890GX, AMD K10

Memory Timings 9-9-9-24 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

Command Rate (CR) 1T

DIMM1: Corsair XMS CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz) (8-8-8-22 @ 592 MHz) (6-6-6-16 @ 444 MHz)
DIMM2: Corsair XMS CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz) (8-8-8-22 @ 592 MHz) (6-6-6-16 @ 444 MHz)
DIMM3: Corsair XMS CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz) (8-8-8-22 @ 592 MHz) (6-6-6-16 @ 444 MHz)
DIMM4: Corsair XMS CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz) (8-8-8-22 @ 592 MHz) (6-6-6-16 @ 444 MHz)

Last edited:
What CPU are you running there mate? What was it clocked to and what temps were you getting? Your ram should be fine mate as it could run @666mhz and you got it at 500 odd but check it doesn't want 1.65v matey when you fit your cooler it should say on the side. Best bet is to clock it in increments and if you reach instability but temps seem ok then it'll need a few volts more (v core) but be careful as too much and you'll hurt your poor CPU lol

Sent from my telephone.

Thanks for that, maybe as I've set the default back to the normal and haven't OC'd the machine since going back to default, I'd prefer stability rather than a little faster....so all OK for now, I'll check the mem when I pull it apart tomorrow.

It's hard to say on the temps as when all the cores are "unlocked" then no temp programs report back the true temp of it, it's water cooled with an H60.....motherboard is 30 degrees, around the memory according to the probe is 27 ish....

Is the mem running at 500 odd? I thought it was at the 666mhz....I have defaulted back to stock with all the timings and settings.

CPU Type HexaCore AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition 1100T
CPU Alias Thuban
CPU Stepping PH-E0
Engineering Sample No
CPUID CPU Name AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T Processor
CPUID Revision 00100FA0h
CPU VID 1.3250 V
North Bridge VID 1.1500 V

As you can see when it's "un-locked" then the temps don't display....it's just the way it is with the hex cores. (so I've read) all though in brackets it reads 32 so that would tie it in line with the mother board temps and around about the ram/probe.

You have to remember though, that the fan sucks air in from the outside room, it creates a negative pressure inside the case, so 2 intakes across the H60, and 2 outlets, that way it sucks cool air over the rad and across the mother board that's probs why it's sitting quite high.....it's goers well against the grain on what you have all ways done in the past and that's extract the hot air out the back, with the water cooled H50's/H60's etc. you suck air from the room over the rad.....takes a little bit of getting used too.....but tested and it works, it's cooler rather than sucking air out from inside the machine across the rad making it hotter.

all in all, have 4 intake fans, 2 x H60, one on the front where the HDD'S are, one blowing on the graphics card, then 2 x extractor fans. sounds like a lot of fans, it is, object of the game, create negative pressure within the case, I have a speed sensor type thing that I can turn them right down (apart from the H60 of course) if i'm not rendering HDMI. etc. she's as quite as a mouse.

16-09-201223-41-27.jpg

Last edited:
That CPU should hit just over 4ghz with very little messing about mate with a vcore of 1.45 I bet it'll be happy at 4.3ghz but when stress testing it could get toasty but you have a pretty decent cooler, so who knows, 4.5 could be possible! try 4ghz without increasing the vcore and see how it gets on? If not 3.8 on default voltage What was it clocked to before? We have quite a similar setup you see :) I have an x6 1090t and it clocks happily to 4.4ghz I just can't keep it cool enough under load I have a good heatsink but my case is quite sound proofed so it gets warmer :(

Sent from my telephone.

Thanks mate, sorry I haven't had the chance to reply, I'm still waiting for the ram cooler, I have a feeling that the UK SELLER is located in China some where...I'm normally quite good as even clicking on the links in fleabay and then checking there contact info normally shows that the UK seller is from abroad, how ever, feel like I've been jipped here as over a week or so now and no RAM cooler.

As for the OC, I'll be quite happy leaving this as stock as when rendering HDMI then it all seems like it's way better than what it was, maybe I'd been tinkering with the wrong OC settings in the BIOS, Guess after the ram cooler gets here and I get it installed and see what the temps are then I can concentrate on OC'ing the rig again.

If were both on the same chip then I'll be asking you for a few tips me thinks on what and what not to OC in there...

Cheers

Yes we have similar chips but mines the slightly slower at stock 1090t :) currently running @3.8ghz on stock volts but as its getting colder indoors due to the weather I'll start tinkering again soon :) what motherboard do you have?

Sent from my telephone.

one of these mate, M5A88-V EVO

My temps are down to 26 now as you say it's getting cooler, forgot to mention have dual LCD's running as well, I'll turn one off and see what the temps say, probs a lot cooler than that as well...been ages since I used just one monitor, couldn't live with out it now....

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Back