Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is there a benefit

What is the benefits of these box's?
Well, for a start they're a great deal smaller than yer average S_y box. Maybe a quarter of the size. It also consumes less electricity - so if you leave it on 24*7 (which you almost certainly do with the aforementioned) then instead of pulling 35Watts, which will cost you £40 or more over the course of a year, you use much less power and save money.
You can also stream the programme it's receiving onto a PC from the DM's web interface. This can be done over a wifi connection, too - so much more convenient.
Oh yes, as well as receiving telly - if you have a collection of movies in AVI/MPEG format, it'll play them. You can even have your PC networked to a DM and play the films off a shared drive (NFS or SMB) - same goes for MP3s.

You don't have to be a tinker-er to use one of these. It's quite possible to just set it up once and leave it alone, next to your TV and use it simply as another domestic appliance. While a lot of people have a hobby of fiddlin' with their DMs: upgrading, re-imaging, customising them; you don't have to - you can treat them just like you would a fridge or a hoover: there to do a job and nothing else.

One thing on the downside though. A DM only comes with a single satellite input (you might be able to get a second, but that would mean fiddlin' with it internally) so you may be used to watching one programme while recording another - this isn't always possible with a bog standard DM.

if you got an andriod phone install dishpointer app and see what
sats you can view,then go from there whether you want a motorised
or a fixed dish,ive install a motorised dish but been thinkin of doing away
with it and gettin the dish fixed and 2 lnb for 28e,19e13e this seems to the best
for me

I will post a dishpointer view later in the week when I am back at home. Currently dan saaaaaaaaf ;)

Here is a DP image, as you can see I have no room for manoeuvre.

Sent from my mobile device using fingers and thumbs!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319028901.334713.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319028901.334713.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 45
Here is a DP image, as you can see I have no room for manoeuvre.

Can you not mount a dish higher up the wall or near the eaves m8?

Is that your dish in the pic?
and according to that pic you shouldnt be able to get sly sat either as there is a leaf in the way lol

No as this is the view out the back :(

PS I had to cut the leaf back ;)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319030979.516928.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319030979.516928.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 6

But can you not mount one higher up on the wall,above the conservatory?

No its not really feasible, as the trees at the back are too high

I reckon the scaffold pole would need to be around 20 foot.

Looking at that pic you should be ok for 28e ,23.5e,19e ,16e and 13e .
36e and 42e are low in the sky so the trees will block them (Fook all on them anyway) but anything west of 28e is higher on the arc so if you currently receive 28e you should be able to get as far as 1w (highest sat in sky ) easily enough if the trees are the same height.
Put up a pic of 28e to 1w.

Last edited:
Back