Is someone trying to hack me?

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

When I'm online zone alarm gives me this message about every 15 mins:

The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer (HTTP) from 213.122.170.70 (TCP Port 3092) [TCP Flags: S].

User: ********************<br />Program: Internet Information Services<br />Time: 1/4/02 8:39:34 AM

The IP alwasy starts with the first 6 numbers and when I trace it its always BT internet (my ISP) and its different ports.

Can anyone shed some light.

Cheers

hi m8 i dont think its anything like a trojan<br /> but its worth doing a scan for sure with<br /> a program called the cleaner<br /> it sounds like two things

1)your isp is trying to look on your pc <br /> for information that u should not have <br /> this is how they catch people breaking the law

2)you got a trojan in your pc and they are <br /> trying to connect but because you have <br /> a firewall now it wont let them connect

all so it might be just the options not <br /> set up right like let internet provider <br /> connect to the net and not to ask etc<br /> or its someone just scanning to see if <br /> you got any trojans on the pc <br /> so they can connect

hope that helps ya out a bit

<br /> backup2k1

More likley to be ur ISP......IIS (Internet Information Service)is an MS Server app.

That ip address is BT Internet. If you have KAZAA on your machine you can download a trial version of Visual Route which will trace any IP address you nput in to it. Good little utility but you can also check your computer security by going to this site which someone else posted within this forum. <a href="http://grc.com/" target="_blank">http://grc.com/</a> I can't remeber who it was but it's certainly put my mind at rest after checking my machine.

I've checked my computer using your link and other sites and according to all of them i dont exist, all ports are stealth. I have a zone alarm pro log about 3.5M long of BTinternet ISP numbers trying to get into my machine on every port you can think of. Should I ring and complain or what? Its not as if I'm doing anything wrong when I'm online.

are you on BT ??? internet

Yep. BT Anytime. Should be called BT Sometimes though, I've seen birds walk along phonelines faster than some of my downloads.

its probably just traffic bumping around the net on your dialup... do you do any real illegal activities ???

if not then i would not worry but always check your PC with a good virus checker i recommend norton as it updates your software every day if you choose

Back