Is rytec down?

even using TM800 line first still didnt bring the epg in 99% of the time at weekend for me

I made sure a EPG scan was done early on a Friday I hoped I didnt need to restart or switch the box off over the weekend lol, Oh the joys

If your using crossepg on your box use OpenTV as the source m8

That worked fine, at least I know now for sure that it is a Rytec issue and not a problem with CrossEPG.

That worked fine, at least I know now for sure that it is a Rytec issue and not a problem with CrossEPG.

OPENTV gets its data from the sat feed so its never down :)

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Doh! posted the following in the wrong thread:

OK, had a reply and it makes more sense now. The EPG data is pulled down from one of the random sites in the sources xml list. As Digi mentioned, there's a bug in the implementation of the plugin on the TM800 that means the randomizer doesn't work and as soon as the first in the list hits its bandwidth limit for the month, it all goes pear shaped.

You can get around this by trying the urls in the list manually until you find the first one still dishing it out, and then edit the sources.xml accordingly.

That's that sorted but unfortunately there's another issue. According to Rytec, despite getting the EPG info from a different site, the channels xml which is now pulled down automatically each time it's needed, still comes from the xmltvepg.be server. Therefore when that server is hammered (which is often) channels wont parse properly and so it bombs out at that stage.

This will have to be recoded by Milo. Personally I'd rather they also left the old way as an option and allow parsing against a channels list manually put in the epgimport folder for when there's downtime.

OPENTV gets its data from the sat feed so its never down :)

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Noticed it swaps to a radio channel for the download. Only issue with this is , I wonder what happends if you have a recording going on at the same time as the EPG downlaod is scheduled to start does it swap channels and mess up your recording ?

Another thing I noticed is even though the files are small in size the server its being hosted on his mega slow, just to test, I downloaded the files for UK Channels uploaded to my own server and changed the source file and managed to pull epg correctly. As before it was downloading but there was no rytec.channels.xml.gz being downloaded and it was only downloading rytecxmltvuk.gz from tm800

to be fair he is doing this in his spare time and free of charge (is that right)
unfair to complain really if this is the case :)

to be fair he is doing this in his spare time and free of charge (is that right)
unfair to complain really if this is the case :)

And also very keen to get it sorted and discuss it. I think it's probably more the frustration of it occuring rather than a personal complaint to the source, certainly in my case anyway.

was just a comment really VectorZ, was not aimed at any one person at all :)

people in general forget that these people give up free time and host things free of charge (myself included)

a subtle reminder don't hurt ;)

Dont know who is behind rytec but if they need a mirror host then im happy to help out... Not moaning just talking about my experience.

Does anyone have rytec sources that work, I tried to update sources from blue panel but now get 0 events again.

Bally this happens every weekend mate, it has done for months
even when I put the tm800 line in first it still wouldn't work weekends
I even removed other lines and left the TM800 on its own and it still didn't work

I just made sure I didn't or hoped I never had to reboot the box so I lost the settings if I didn't then the epg would last to the Monday/Tuesday when it came back :)

maybe there is a fix, but I just got used to it and lived with it tbh

Is it possible to speak to the rytec dude so I can put myself down as a mirror host.

isnt this what Digi does or suppose to do though mate ?
as far as Im aware digi spoke to rytec and he hosts the files too

Out of all the mirrors theres only 2 that work so im sure another will help... Only thing is randomiser dont work on TM800 so that means digis host will get hammered. Only offering to help :)

Back