Is rytec down?

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant seem to download any epg data... Update epg sources but everytime I goto manual it tries for about 5seconds before saying 0 events

Rytec is down every weekend mate :(

Sent from my iPhone

Seems to be working on my VU+? Just downloaded the EPG.dat on my duo and ftp'd to my TM800HD for now.

it never worked weekends for me all the time I used it (TM800)
dunno then :err:

Open TV is available as a source in CrossEPG,well at least it is on my DM800se

dont work on TM800 ;)

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Those are the only 2 channel urls working in my sources file. Try commenting out the rest, restart Enigma and try a manual download

Cannot get it to work, formatted hdd and usb just in case it was permissions issue, now removed usb still nothing downloads. Will try removing hdd and just using usb tomorrow.

the rytec epg plugin i use on a dm500 has been rock solid and has not missed a single days daily download since rytec introduced the random source list a few month ago. i can only think the rytec epg plugin you are using must not be fully utilizing the rest of the sources in the source list when its initial selected random source download attempt fails.

the tm800 is unable to use the randomiser code, as it needs files from the OE1.6 based images, as well as from python 2.6, the TM800 runs OE1.5 and python 2.5, so the TM800 will only use the first address in the list. i have spolen directly with rytek about this, but untill iQ sort out the image, the TM800 is stuck like this. As a temp work around (thats lasted months and months lol) rytek has access to my server, and i also host ryteks epg data files. if you are able to do so, edit the xml file so that the tm800hd address is at the top of the list

most of the rytek servers go down after the middle of the month due to the amount of bandwidth used, just these few small files being downloaded each night uses about 150Gb a month on my server

This is the problem
Code:
is on top of the list
The monthly allowed bandwidth for this website has been exceeded.

So now replacing with
Code:

Not going to bother changing all the rest as it will take too long and I only use that and BBCi

Tried changing the sources, tried saving to hdd tried saving to usb. 0 events :(

Is this right
Code:

Bloody Rytec, explains my issue then. I flashed a new image on my DM800SE last night, and manually installed CrossEPG getting 0 events, I thought i'd installed something incorrectly permissions issue etc.

Tried both my TM800HD boxes one with modified source one with update source for DW Blue Panel but both coming back with 0 events but rytec works on my VU+ box so could I not just copy the sources from there?

Ok this is really strange, one box is downloading it the other isnt. Both have hdd and usb installed rear-disk chmod is 755 im confused

I had a play with this last night. Although most of the sources are down I got it connected to 2 different confirmed working sources including Digi's. The problem in the log however is saying showing errors parsing channel file and unkown channels. I think this is something only rytec can sort out so sill post log to them later and see what they come up with.

Bloody Rytec, explains my issue then. I flashed a new image on my DM800SE last night, and manually installed CrossEPG getting 0 events, I thought i'd installed something incorrectly permissions issue etc.

If your using crossepg on your box use OpenTV as the source m8

Back