Is Lewis Hamilton just turning into a Knob

Shindig

DW Regular
Reaction score
I am no massive fan of F1 and since moving over to NZ I have missed out watching the races because we live in the future!

I read up on the reports on BBC etc and catch highlights here and there. I can't help but feel the impression I have of Lewis Hamilton is nothing more than that he is a knob.

Look at this latest article.
BBC Sport - Lewis Hamilton backtracks after Jenson Button 'disrespect' claim

When he first started in F1, hearing about his history in racing, his relationship with his Dad and how he has been by his bothers side I thought "yeah, this guy is a good idol". But lately all that has diminished by stupidity off the track!

Hamilton - leave twitter alone, leave social network alone - do your talking on the race track mate! At the end of the day you are on $100 million salary.

ye he has been acting like a knob on and off for a while. twittwer ect is nothing but bother for the average joe let alone an international sports man. i think he is getting to0 involved of the celebrity culture rather than concentrating on his sport. also i think he needs to engage his brain before typing and speaking . i have been a fan of his since he joined f1 and i think i will continue to be a fan even if i do think he has mad a big mistake. bottom line i like the way he drives and just hope he can mature in to a good all round sports personality.

No, he isnt turning into a knob, he has always been one; that doesnt mean I dont think he is a good driver though.

Perhaps in a few years he will mature and become a more rounded person AND a better driver, but I wont hold my breath.

Unfortunately...yes.

Not quite in the Ashley Cole(sh*t for brains) league yet, but getting there. :grayno:

Last edited:
Humm. can you imagine the trouble James Hunt would have got into, if twatter had been around in his day, or Jackie Stuart come to that?
neither was, errr, PC to say the least.

anyway, i forgive him for being grumpy, at the moment.
after all, he's just shot a big hole in his foot, with the move to Mercedes. IMO
he's gone turn up to work, with no Turbo to drive.

i said that yesturday that i think lewis is starting to lose on and off the track....

and his move imo is going to be a bad move but we will soon see....

he better hope that there will be a seat at maclaren, ferrari or enev red bull in a couple of years ...

but i will still support him in the future because he is still a very good driver.....

Did you see the interview with him at the weekend? Can't remember whether it was on BBC or Sky but he came across really well in it.

He's only won 3 races this year so it's not like he's leaving a team that has dominated every race.

You never know Ross Brawn might come out with a fantastic designed car like he did when Jenson won the title.

but i will still support him in the future because he is still a very good driver.....

He is a good driver but I've never liked him. Mark Webber is my main man.

he's young,rich and dating a famous signer.... i think he's caught up in the spotlight and has been acting stupid recently... he's allowed to, he has devoted his life to motorsport and missed out on his late teenage fun...good driver and no one can deny it

You could say the same about all the other drivers. But they dont act and talk like Hamilton the knob.

yeah but most of them started later than Hamilton and didn't have the stigmata about being black, the family was skint and tried there best to fund it... granted he did touch lucky when he was taken in by Ron Dennis, but he had to have the drive and talent to get noticed and it's still evident now.

The Ross Brawn / Lewis Hamilton partnership might mold him in the right direction. I hope so!

Maybe write this season off and look forward to the next one.

You could say the same about all the other drivers. But they dont act and talk like Hamilton the knob.

He has no charisma, that's why I like Webber. I could go out for few beers with Webber and have a great time. He's a very good driver but Hamilton would send me to sleep.

Last edited:
biggles what does being black have to do with it ?

I think quite a lot.
how many black drivers do you see in FIA races, never mind F1?

anyway he acts no more of a NOB than Senna, Hunt, Irvine even Stuart have in the past.
he's never driven a driver off the track, just because he is worried he wont win the race (Senna to mention but one.)

he has the two thing all great drivers have.
a huge ego and a chip on his shoulder.

gota agree though, he has no charisma! or I feel he hasn't.

colour had a lot to do with it, he had a hard time proving himself because of his colour and proved his doubters wrong with his driving, he's not as out going in public as other drivers but he proves his worth on the track.

colour had a lot to do with it, he had a hard time proving himself because of his colour and proved his doubters wrong with his driving, he's not as out going in public as other drivers but he proves his worth on the track.
so basicly your saying cos he's black he had it harder ? . think you will find the only person that had it hard was his dad for the amount of hours he had to work to pay for karting until maclaren come in and sponcerd him. he was a moody little shit even then watch the video's of him back then. as for playing the black card to say he's had a hard time. is not right.agreed there isnt any more black ppl in f1 that i can name. but thats not becouse of colour its more to do with determanation than being a diff colour

Back