is it worth decoding a blueray file with convertxtodvd

ttony

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i always wait for the proper dvdrs [4.35gb ] to come out before downloading a film as i prefur the quality but lately i have noticed that the bluerays seem to be coming out quicker, is it worth me decoding a blueray with convertxtodvd , will it still be very good quality ? picture wise and soundwise

i need to decode a blueray because i only have a standard dvd player , how do i pick the best file of the film to decode for the best quality picture and sound ? do i look at the birate of the film ? and whatever is the highest i decode .

thanx

If you download any 720p or 1080p blu-ray rip MKV or even a full blu-ray (30-50gb) they will be much higher quality and resolution than a DVD so when you convert them INTO a dvd you get a better quality than if you get an AVI (which starts off lower quality than a DVD).

So the answer is yes.

Personally I don't see the point in spending a lot of money getting a full HD tv to watch Standard def AVI's or DVD's. I bought a media player for this reason so I can play MKV files and get much better quality. You can get a media player from as little as £30 which will take a memory card or usb stick and you can just put the MKV files on that. I think dvd's look quite bad on today's newer tv's even with upscaling dvd players.

thanx for the answer captin , so am I also right that if I convert a blueray rip with the highest birate , that file will have the best quality ..

does convertxtodvd not pick best conversion rate automatically
[h=2][/h]

If you download any 720p or 1080p blu-ray rip MKV or even a full blu-ray (30-50gb) they will be much higher quality and resolution than a DVD so when you convert them INTO a dvd you get a better quality than if you get an AVI (which starts off lower quality than a DVD).

So the answer is yes.

Personally I don't see the point in spending a lot of money getting a full HD tv to watch Standard def AVI's or DVD's. I bought a media player for this reason so I can play MKV files and get much better quality. You can get a media player from as little as £30 which will take a memory card or usb stick and you can just put the MKV files on that. I think dvd's look quite bad on today's newer tv's even with upscaling dvd players.

I agree with this. Why bother with the dvd player at all. Simple media player that plays mkv,avi ......well whatever you throw at them for less than £30 and you get the film in HD then and no messing with converting just put the downloaded file onto a usb stick put it in the media player connect media player to telly with hdmi and your away. Or if like me have pc linked to tv all the time and instant access to movie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back