is it possible 2 flash a 360 using a laptop

Out of stock at the moment..
Anyone know of another supplier >

Violentj

Do you dump Liteons on your laptop?

I asked podger if it was possible with the development of PortIO

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
If so, LMK, Ill forward the info on, as Id like it developed further for laptops too if possible.

no i just use my standard pc for liteons

right trying one of these cards can flash in xp, done benq, hitachi.
But can't get it going in dos any pointers ?

@violentj

Did you have to install dos drivers for the pcmcia slot to get this working ?

you can use dosflash32 instead of using dos, and modeb32 for putting hitachis into mode b

But for virgin smasung drives dosflash 32 doesn't do anything... so just trying to get it going in dos..

Unless I'm mistaken ?

But for virgin smasung drives dosflash 32 doesn't do anything... so just trying to get it going in dos..

Unless I'm mistaken ?
Mistaken.

Not everyone can, but its possible.

Its possible to flash using dosflash32 hmm.. will give it another bash then,

Then i'll try later on with the lite on .. whats the concensous with the lite on will this work with dos flash 32 is there a chance ....on a laptop esp... might have to dig out an old school laptop for the lite on I think.

Will report once done...

Last edited:
oggy why not tell us how its possible?

help him on abit ;)

Its no special method Plexo, many systems just hang or take ages to do anything with a Samsung connected.

no probs, anyone ever find a pcmcia sata 6421 card in stock anywhere? ive found a supplier but they want me to buy 50 of them lol i only want 1

I got mine from safekom fodun it off google by searching for the sata card was £10 delviered, was just last week, but I think they are out of stock.
Theres someone on ebay with loads of em at £15 delivered..

Been trying dosflash32 on a few laptops, its a bit of a awkward one isn't it, tried on 4 different laptops and it locks em up...:(

soon as i switch the samsung on and off it locks up...

@oggy which laptop have you had it working with ?

Might be easier to try and get the card working in dos on the laptop, any pointers on getting that done ?

Never done a 360 on a laptop.

Got tired of messing with the pcmica slot.
So pulled out a ibm t23 that had a docking station and put a pcmica via card in there and it worked fine :)
only on the internal sata port though on the external sata it hangs just like it does in windows..

might give the pcmcia one more bash... going to try in dos using pc dos 7 (ibm)

Thats a via based chipset card SATA VIA 6421.
will work in windows (32 bit environment) with dosflahs32 for a benq and the hitachis....
Anything in dos .... not sure... unless you get it picked up in dos there are no gurantees...
Currenlty still trying with a pcmcia card in dos ahd no luck yet...
Tried in windows with 5 differnet laptops and it jsut locked up when sening the cmds to the smasung drive, soons as you power the ms28 off and on it locks the pc :(

I've been trying to flash a BenQ VAD6038 drive with my laptop using a PCMCIA Sata card with Via chip without succeeding yet.

With this setup I believe i have to do it with dosflash32 since my PCMCIA card is 32-bit and dos obviously is a 16-bit based system. I doubt that there's any way to find dos drivers for the PCMCIA slot AND my PCMCIA Sata card. So sounds like dosflash32 it is. Has anyone been able to use PCMCIA Sata cards under dos and if so, how?

Dosflash32 v1.6 boots up to the main window after I use the Magic28 method (Doesn't work every time though. Best way to do this is to turn on the Xbox360 just a second or so before starting dosflash32.) When I press "Read Flash" status changes to "Reading Bank 0" and stays there. Anyone have any tricks to get past this?

Thanks and Merry Christmas. Hope Santa got You nice games!

First off, terribly sorry for bumping an old thread, but I thought it was much more fitting than creating a whole new one.

So here goes...

I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck flashing a MS28 with the above card on a laptop?

My drive has previously been flashed with iXtreme 1.51. I know that a few posts up the poster had no luck, but I was wondering if JungleFlasher would help flash it now.

As always thanks in advance.

P.S. Sorry for those of you that helped me the past few days, a couple hours ago I went ahead and gave you guys the rep I felt necessary. (I didn't know about the forum feature of rep until then)

Did a ms28 over the weekend on a ibm laptop using the via sata card.

tried jungleflasher got it into vendor mode then

used doslash 1.7

takes abit of messing around, switching from one app to the other, but it works

Back