is it fake or not?

I remember haystacks telling a story that old grannies used to hit him with the handbags walking up to the ring. Wouldn't have been so bad except some of the old biddies used to put bricks in their bags !

brings back memories that did big daddy v giant haystacks,i used to
watch it on world of sport about 4pm,me fav wrestler at the time was kendo nagasaki,royal brothers,catweasil,jim breaks,and billy two rivers

jeeeeeze im showing me age now :proud:

brings back memories that did big daddy v giant haystacks,i used to
watch it on world of sport about 4pm,me fav wrestler at the time was kendo nagasaki,royal brothers,catweasil,jim breaks,and billy two rivers

jeeeeeze im showing me age now :proud:

Yes and dont forget mick mcmanners and jackie pallo
Ken walton was the compare

It too sanitised thses days, wrestlers have killed it. UFC back in the 'human cock fighting' days before regulation, when nobody really had much of a clue. that was scary. I remember the story about UFC 1, in the first fight when that huge sumo guy got knocked down and then kicked in the mouth. Apparently one of his teeth went flying into the first row where the rest of the fighters were and a couple of them wanted to do a runner.

Pride at its peak, now that was worth watching.

BTW, I think you mean MMA not UFC. There are a shit load of greats fights outside of the UFC including this weekends card with Fedor vs Werdum.

Totally agree m8, also the guy who kicked the sumo in the face broke his foot and still fought Royce if i remember right.

Royce Gracie quickly became one of my heroes lol and i am lucky enough to have trained with him, Royler and Rolker Gracie, but Really wanna train with Rickson but havent managed so yet :(

Pride i did prefer to UFC and yes the fedor fight will be good. i like fedor and his un-assuming approach lol

Totally agree m8, also the guy who kicked the sumo in the face broke his foot and still fought Royce if i remember right.

Royce Gracie quickly became one of my heroes lol and i am lucky enough to have trained with him, Royler and Rolker Gracie, but Really wanna train with Rickson but havent managed so yet :(

Pride i did prefer to UFC and yes the fedor fight will be good. i like fedor and his un-assuming approach lol

Yeah he fought royce, apparently he was biting him (which was one of the rules they had at the time) so when he had the choke (i think) on at the end he didn't let go immediately. 'Armbar' Rickson is the one who always had the big reputation, like he is supposed to be 200 and 1 in street fighting.

Where abouts did you train the the gracies, must of have been pretty interesting. I think its Rolls who has a school in london, though I've heard its very expensive to train there. I've done some mma training with a couple of friends but nothing serious. These days with kids, a bad back and age catching up, my training is much more limited. Been training mauy thai for the last year and after a friends suggestion started traditional jujitsu recently.

As for fedor, once he is done with werdum (who is a legit threat) and overeem (who I think will beat him), he needs to head over to the ufc.

Who do you fancy in the brock vs carwin fight ?

If you'd like to train BJJ oneman you can train with World Champion Roger Gracie at the Gracie Barra in Kensal London, there's also Braulio Estima Gracie Barra Birmingham in the Midlands and Rick Young in Edinburgh for anyone that may be interested. All are former world champions and world class teachers.

Royce was very lucky to win the first UFC, if he hadn't had pulled Yuma's hair out of his scalp, he'd have got the shit kicked out of him.

Punches and kicks to the balls were also allowed, ah them were the days. I'd say the closest sport comparable to a real fight is probably Vale Tudo although WWE does come close.

Yeah he fought royce, apparently he was biting him (which was one of the rules they had at the time) so when he had the choke (i think) on at the end he didn't let go immediately. 'Armbar' Rickson is the one who always had the big reputation, like he is supposed to be 200 and 1 in street fighting.

Where abouts did you train the the gracies, must of have been pretty interesting. I think its Rolls who has a school in london, though I've heard its very expensive to train there. I've done some mma training with a couple of friends but nothing serious. These days with kids, a bad back and age catching up, my training is much more limited. Been training mauy thai for the last year and after a friends suggestion started traditional jujitsu recently.

As for fedor, once he is done with werdum (who is a legit threat) and overeem (who I think will beat him), he needs to head over to the ufc.

Who do you fancy in the brock vs carwin fight ?

I trained with Royce and Rolker up here in Glasgow they have came a few times and done seminars.

I went to the states a few years ago for the summer and trained under Frank Cucci's Rickson Gracie's academy in virginia beach, who is a Pedro Suaer and Rickson Gracie Black belt. Royler came up from bazil for a bit.

Royler is a cool guy, he walked in and imediatley went round everyone and shook everyones hand, which i thought was a bit of class.

Fedor i cant see past tbh at present but no one is unbeatable, what i like about fedor is he ambles along like in the fight against Andrei Arlovski he looked as if he was being beaten then bang, knocks him clean out as he was in mid air lol

lesnar i cant stand but credit to him he hame in from doing panto's and made ppl have a reality check. I think velasquez or howerver you spell it will be heavyweight champ sometime very soon.

Now i know ppl were crying for lesnor to have a seperate weight class etc but for it has to be up to the other fighters to adapt and overcome him not by introducing more fecking rules. just like when everyone had to learn BJJ, then with likes of tito they had to overcome the wrestling dround n pound game etc. Thats whats good about the sport imho it a bit like rock paper scissore where certain styles or fighters might beat a fighter all day lonf but that beaten fighter might wipe the florr with an opponent who the other cant beat. lol if that makes any sense.

Gracie academies here are more expensive and not sure if they do it same way they do in the states, for example ny traditional jiu jitsu class is like £4 per night you go, where in the states it was $150 per month and i can attend as many classes as i wanted even maui thai classes etc. or whatever they done.

so i would imgaine they would be a monthly fee rather a pay as u go thing but could be wrong.

@ Fireblade

What age are you mate?

so, do you all think Eastenders is real too? you 'real men' getting your knickers in a right twist just cause "it's fake" hahaha! "ooh i want to punch the screen" LMFAO - admin should arrange a 'pissing against a wall' competition to prove who's the biggest man eh

Even i could tell it was fake age 7 when i watched kendo nagaskai fighting Big Daddy on TV in the 80's - It's a soap opera that has a proper conclusion - some gets hit with a chair! i don't watch it but used to a bit when i was a kid and some of the ECW stuff.

used to be perfect telly on a saturday morning after a night out!

Roger was the one I was thinking off in London, I know he was in strikeforce card earlier this year. Main problem is that the places in London are too far, at least 90 minutes each way and potentially much more. Plus to be honest, I am having a lot of fun with traditional JJ. It quite technical and in my own opinion, from what I have seen more applicable in 'street' self-defense. In my experiance with MMA, BJJ is much more focused on ground work, probably the last place I want to be on the street.

Don't know how much Gracie Barra costs, but I pay £70 a quarter for 2 x 2 hour lessons per week. I know its advertised as a JJJ club but the thing I like about it, one of the lessons is doing sheetwork for grading but the other lesson is mixed up. Usually do sparing, weapons work and grappling and even black belt stuff. Plus I get to go with my son who really enjoys it as well. Only problem is after each session my body is aching all over.

As for early UFC, royce proved that if you use the unexpected then you can overcome size. He did the Look at Machida, I know he is well versed in different styles but nobody had effectivily bought karate to the cage before.

Though not cheating, yes royce seemed to like pulling hair. he did the same to beat Kimo.

Back