"Is everything ok with your meal Sir?"

pmsl.........Am I the only one found that post funny....:Clap:

@nara...yes it is annoying. A lot of them are told to enquire as it may prompt you to order another drink from the bar so get them to get you something that doesnt cost anything, like a napkin or ice for your drink or a straw..even though you have no need for it.

Thanks Jaffa. Us Celtic (not the fitba team for the uneducated) brothers should stick together

My local chinks know me by now and leave me and the missus alone, but several times before they took the hint, whenever they came up and said "everything ok?" I simply said no, someone keeps coming up to me and asking if everything is ok !! and disturbing the conversation I am having with my wife.

Don't get me wrong it provided an awkward moment but works a treat lol, but we as a country do not speak up enough, we would rather say nothing to the person causing the annoyance then come on a forum and rant !! lol

and the italian coonts, they cant leave ya alone either, they are over every two minutes with this big daft pepper grinders "pepper sir" ??? iam like NO, fuoook off mate and stop bugging me, lol

I fully agree especially when you're sitting in your living room watching the football

pmsl.........Am I the only one found that post funny....:Clap:

I liked it too......lol

I do a bit of travel and I can't say that I get much bother with the waiter/waitress asking how my meal is on the continent? And my local pub that sells grub always just asks if I/we enjoyed our meal when we're finished.

I have had the experience of the waiter/waitress constantly asking if my meal is ok and I also find it quite annoying?

I mean, If it wasn't ok, I'd ask them to take it back long before they got a chance to ask me how it is?

Last edited:
It's nice to see that I'm not the only one that gets pissed off with this. Most replies seem to be in agreement.

As Baaheeduk has said, you certainly don't get it on the continent. It's another of these dumb American trends.

The sad thing is that young people coming into the catering business are being taught it as standard practice.

This post is perfect, had this same situation two weeks ago at Pizza Hut. Sad down with the missus, food arrived after the first bite, "hiya folks is everything alright".

My reply was simple,

"how would I know, I havent eaten anything, try asking after I've eaten and feel free to keep an eye on my glass instead, as soon as its getting empty dont ask just get me a refill".

Best visit to Pizza Hut ever!

Back