iPod Ipod question

Paul-K

Inactive User
Reaction score
This might sound daft but if i delete all the mp3 music from my laptop, will it delete it from my ipod the next time i sync it, im still a kinda newbie with it..

The easiest way around this is to use a program like floola (its a freeware program).

Use Floola to copy off all the music from the ipod onto another media (hard drive usb stick whatever).

Then you can delete the music off your laptop which if itunes is set to sync with your ipod it will then delete the music on connection for your ipod. But you will still have the previously copied off files and you can do what you want with them after that !

Don't you have the option to manually manage music?

I always do it manually rather than auto syncing.

Just drag the music in your iTunes onto your iPod, then remove it from your iTunes, next time you go onto iTunes to do it manually it won't remove the existing tracks unless you do it manually.

At least thats how I do it on a Mac.

iTunes gives you the opportunity to automatically sync files with your ipod each time you connect.

Right now,mine is setup to sync photos, videos and podcasts each time I connect it at home. I dont have it sync music as I have way more than can fit on my ipod. As earwig says, you can opt to manually manage your music - so deleting everything from your laptop will mean that music wont disappear from your ipod. Its how I do it at work/home.

This might sound daft but if i delete all the mp3 music from my laptop, will it delete it from my ipod the next time i sync it, im still a kinda newbie with it..

From memory the iPod will highlight the fact that it can't source the MP3 files from the PC when you connect but it will not delete the songs on your iPod as they are stored as a library file! So unless you highlight them via iTunes and delete the library they will still be on the iPod.

If you delete the library file then the the next time you sync the iPod it will be clear.

Don't delete the library file and you'll be fine mate. MP3's can go ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys very helpful..

Back