iPhone Insurance Advice!

mas123

Inactive User
Reaction score
If I told you that I would have to kill you.
I got my 3GS in August of 09 and didn't get Applecare (didn't realise you had to purchase it within one year of getting the phone).

Anyway, now I've started to get some problems with the mute/silent switch on the phone, it keeps changing to silent randomly. I checked my warranty status on Apple's website and obviously it says its expired.

HOWEVER, it says if you think this information is incorrect you can e-mail them your receipt and they'll change it for you. I still have my iPhone receipt. I'm thinking of being a bit cheeky with photoshop and changing the date on the receipt and faxing it to them.

Any one tried this? Any idea if it will actually work?

Also, I would just buy insurance but it seems most companies don't allow it after the first year of purchase. Any help appreciated... :Clap:

not worth just stickin it in a shop and get a quote. could just be something stupid. i wouldnt try the photoshop thing but then again ive done worse lol

if u think phones that fcuked then check your bank and c if they do mobile phone insurance and gave it a month. but like i said could just be something stupid. the money u would pay if u did have insurance could be more than gettin it fixed

have u tired updating the phone or restoring it ?

not worth just stickin it in a shop and get a quote. could just be something stupid. i wouldnt try the photoshop thing but then again ive done worse lol

if u think phones that fcuked then check your bank and c if they do mobile phone insurance and gave it a month. but like i said could just be something stupid. the money u would pay if u did have insurance could be more than gettin it fixed

have u tired updating the phone or restoring it ?

The problem is I've looked in to getting insurance for it already but no company is gonna insure a phone which is over a year old. Their policy is that you must get the insurance within a year of purchasing the phone. That is why I've resorted to this! lol.

I've tried restoring no luck, its actually a hardware problem with the switch itself...

i would just take it into a phone shop thats got a good rep as u get some dodgey ones out there and just get a quote

just on the off chance have u googled it. i done it there and got this

Apple - Support - Discussions - iPhone 3GS mute / silent button jiggles ...

not sure if this is same fault.

Looks like the same fault. Cheers for your help mate! :Clap:

Back