iPhone iphone 3gs

wenglishboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
I recently jail broke my lads ipod touch so am not a complete novice at this but almost.... I have now bought my daughter an iphone for crimbo but, firstly it is locked to 02 network and we want it for 3 network.secondly looking at the About tab etc it is running IOS6 well it says version 6.0 (10A403) and Carrier 02 13.0 so am presuming this all to be correct thus far..

I suppose what i am asking is>>>>>is there a way to downgrade version 6 to a version that i could jailbreak it with. secondly is there a way that I can unlock this phone so i can allow it to go on to 3 network.

Will i be able to get this phone sorted before crimbo.... thinking not..... thats the price i pay for trying to make crimbo a bit cheaper this year so we could have turkey instead of pigeon (pulling on the violin strings here) :)

You can only downgrade it if it's been previously jailbroke on an earlier firmware and the shsh blobs have been saved
If it has and you can downgrade it then you can jailbreak it and then unlock it by updating the baseband to the iPads baseband then downgrade the baseband to 05.13.04 with Redsnow and use ultrasnow to unlock it

There is a tethered jailbreak for ios6 which you should still beable to achieve the above
But you will need your pc to boot the phone if it's turned off or battery goes flat

Last edited:
nice 1 krytes loving series 10 by way :) where would i get more info on this any chance of a link?

nice 1 krytes loving series 10 by way :) where would i get more info on this any chance of a link?

sorry for the late reply, i was filming the next episode of series 10 :Laugh:

theres quite a few tutorials on the web for downgrading like this 1: Downgrade iOS 6 To 5.1.1 On A4 iOS Devices Using Redsn0w | Redmond Pie
but as i said to downgrade you will need the 5.1.1 shsh blobs or any earlier verison you have saved you can downgrade to.

if you cant downgrade but still want to unlock it your gonna have to go with the ios6 tethered jailbreak.
tethered means you will need redsn0w to boot your phone if ever its turned off, battery dies etc.
you will also need a unlockable baseband, this can be done by updating it to ipads baseband 06.15.00 then downgrading it to 05.13.04
that can be done using redsn0w 0.9.12b2: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_mac_0.9.12b2.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
heres a quick guide on the baseband: Downgrade iPhone 3GS / 3G 06.15.00 To 05.13.04 Baseband For Unlock And Working GPS [How-To] | Redmond Pie
then install ultrasn0w once its jailbroke
redsnow 0.9.13dev4 for tethered ios6 jailbeak: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.13dev4.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

thanks for the reply however ive paid 02 to unlock this now £15 :( but i have to restore the phone to factory settings and it seems i may have bricked my phone because itunes and phone freeze halfway through the restore... i am well miffed as you could imagine... going to have to start a new thread and see if i can sort it....:( thanks for your help anyhow pal.

Try using a different computer to do the restore with

Back