iPhone iphone 3gs wont activate

Sajuk101

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys,

mate forgot his lock code on his phone 3gs,

told him i could restore it but obviously he would lose data.

anyway put it in dfu and restored, all went well, until it came to activating the thing:

it attempts to activate and after a few minutes it comes up with the error: "your iphone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable"

i assumed it was unlocked (baseband not factory) and obviously restoring the phone wiped that off, so i tried an orange sim (what the phone was originally locked to) and i still get the same outcome.

any suggestions?

cheers.

oh btw it was updated to 6.01 in the restore process.

and the cydia server doesnt seem to have any shsh blobs saved :(

How was it unlocked? By using the iPad baseband?
If it was you will need to reflash the baseband as using stock firmware to update or restore will corrupt it
1 of the many problems occurred by the 06.15.00 baseband.

You should only update with custom firmware to preserve the baseband if your on 06.15.00

You won't beable to activate it if the baseband is corrupt , even with an original sim. Reflash the iPad baseband

Last edited:
Thanks kryton

I flashed the gs with iPad base to unlock phone which never worked.so all I have to do is find genuine baseband and flash and update through iTunes.

Thanks for your input mate seems logical :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Thanks kryton

I flashed the gs with iPad base to unlock phone which never worked.so all I have to do is find genuine baseband and flash and update through iTunes.

Thanks for your input mate seems logical :)

Flash the iPad baseband with Redsnow mate

you have a few options mate you can downgrade the iphone 3gs to 5.1.1 without shsh blobs saved then once on there you can restore using Redn0w as kryton has suggested you dont need itunes, also redsn0w can restore you ipad baseband back to what the iphone should be , then you can hacktivate the iphone without original sim

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

any more help give me a shout mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Flash the iPad baseband with Redsnow mate

Also you have to install ultrasnow after flashing the baseband to unlock it

I have the 3gs in bits at min and was going to use for parts but this as given me a lot of hope.will put back together and have another go.like got the iPhone from fleabay jailbroken stuck on orange.

I used redsnow to put custom firmware and iPad base on it as the firmware on the phone was pretty nasty.I would be happy to get it back to original state.

Got this for someone at work the phone was supposed to be unlocked.waste of 60.00 things you do for friends.

you have a few options mate you can downgrade the iphone 3gs to 5.1.1 without shsh blobs saved then once on there you can restore using Redn0w as kryton has suggested you dont need itunes, also redsn0w can restore you ipad baseband back to what the iphone should be , then you can hacktivate the iphone without original sim

any more help give me a shout mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Back