iPhone Iphone 3gs - cant activate - ?? help!!!

gooner71

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all -

Just picked up a spotless 3gs - my first experience with an i-phone - looks great and when turned on says needs activating -put in language and place and wireless details but it says server busy and cant activate so use i-tunes - after a few minutes of being connected it says no sim card inserted on the i-tunes page and to insert one and restart. My sim is definitely in the phone and was working fine in my bb !!?>?

What can i do?

sounds to me mate as if the iphone isnt unlocked , thats why it wont activate , did you buy it unlocked ?

sounds to me mate as if the iphone isnt unlocked , thats why it wont activate , did you buy it unlocked ?

The person I got it off has confirmed that it was bought on Vodafone - never been jailbroken and all he did was do an update to the latest firmware through itunes to clear his personal stuff off the phone!!

have you sorted this then mate i take it your on voda as well ? usually activates withing secs to mins mate , you could try a phone reset , by going to settings/general/reset/reset all settings , and then try reactivate, you have defo seen the iphone working ?

Or you could jailbreak , then use SAM to activate .

Hi - still no luck with it - im on vodafone yes - i cant do anything other than turn it on - set language and location and wifi and then it tries to activate - ive tried a restore through itunes and it does the whole thing through dfu mode and reboots after its finished but to the same thing - ive looked at jailbreak but as its updated to 5.01 i thought it couldnt be done without some stuff saved from a previous o/s?? shsh something isnt it? Any guidance gratefully accepted!!!

hi mate yes you can jailbreak ios5 but its tethered, full tut and video HERE

Thanks for the advice mate!!

For anyone else who took an interest in this thread i took it private for a reason, but suffice to say i was sold a wrong 'un - took it back and managed to get a refund.

Some ebayers have no morals or xmas spirit!!

Back