iPhone iPhone 3g - How to check if it's blocked (not locked to a network)?

mcgirt

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I've currently got an iPhone 3g on the O2 network. At the moment I'm not concerned about unlocking the phone to use on any network.

The phone didn't have a SIM card so I ordered one from O2. When I inserted the SIM a message advised me it was being activated but may take some time. I left the phone for around 48 hours but it still doesn't allow me to call any number. I've tried to call the O2 top-up number but any number dialled fails.

What I would like to know is how can I find out if the phone has been blocked? If it's blocked is there anyway I can unblock it?

The device seems to operate OK and as far as I can see the only problem is with making calls. I should add that in the top left of the screen it shows my network as 'O2-UK 3G'.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

after you put the sim in have you plugged back into itunes to activate you may have to do a restore with sim in also a blocked imei on 02 usually shows o2 and 3g but no signal bars

Thanks for the replies.

The phone failed the IMEI check. Does this mean it's not possible to get it to work for calling?

worth a try ringing o2 to see if it is blocked if it is the only chance of getting it unlocked again is to get the original owner to contact them

oh well looks like it will just get used for music and Skype.

I've no idea where it come from but doubt it's dodgy, pretty sure it was found as the case is all cracked and scratched like it's been dropped.

but you can actually put one of those £10 tmobile 12 moths free web sims in and the internet will still work

Cheers Steve, I'll give the t-mobile sim a go as I'm on t-mobile. Although I'll need to unlock the phone first, hmmm, maybe not worth the effort.

Shame about the iphone as I'm still using an old samsung g600 :)

Thanks again to all who replied, rep added.

Back