Network speakers - seeking advice

trevortron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
After a bit of advice.
I've looked after the TV & sound system in a local bar/restaurant for the past 10 years or so & now the place is getting a major refurb.
To date everything in analogue - from RF modulators for the TV's to conventional speaker cabling to all the speakers to all 7 "zones".
Although the current system 'works', it's been added to over the years and it's a bit clunky now so, while the place is in bits I was thinking of overhauling the sound system by using 'connected' amplifiers in the various locations rather than relying on speaker wires.
There are 7 audio sources which ideally we would like to be selected independently 'per speaker' (pair) to match up with the nearest TV - or have nothing to do with the TV in the case of background music (otherwise I could just amp up the TV's!).
The whole place has excellent wifi coverage but equally we can run CAT5 during the refurb.
And - to complicate things a bit further - it has to be reasonably easy to operate for the dozen or so staff that will need to operate it without have to phone me every time they want to chance channel!!
Any suggestions gratefully received, TIA.

Back