Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

iPad IPad Air wifi

AJT

Staff member
Hi guys I have an iPad Air running latest iOS 8.0.2.
The problem is ipad constantly drops the wifi connection,I have done all the usual stuff like renew connection etc and keep router away from phone but it still constantly drops wifi..
None of my other devices suffer drop outs.
Anyone got any suggestions or ideas.

If the router runs both 2.4 & 5 try unsynching the bands. I had this issue and things improved after reconfiguring the router M8.

If the router runs both 2.4 & 5 try unsynching the bands. I had this issue and things improved after reconfiguring the router M8.

Thanks but what is Unsyncing the bands and how do I do that.?cheers.

Thanks but what is Unsyncing the bands and how do I do that.?cheers.

Normally, when you get a router from the ISP it's preconfigured (BT Homehub here). I had issues with dropouts so looked at the wireless config and there were options to synch the bands so they appeared as the same network name. Once I found the option to unsynch and have two seperate wifi networks the problem went away. If they're synched both 2.4Gb and 5Gb networks have the same name, unsynched they have different names.

Normally, when you get a router from the ISP it's preconfigured (BT Homehub here). I had issues with dropouts so looked at the wireless config and there were options to synch the bands so they appeared as the same network name. Once I found the option to unsynch and have two seperate wifi networks the problem went away. If they're synched both 2.4Gb and 5Gb networks have the same name, unsynched they have different names.

Okay I have Un Synced the 2.4ghz and 5.ghz.
I can already see the difference on my Ipad..it's become super fast navigating web.
Got same BT hub as you on BT infinity 2..

Okay I have Un Synced the 2.4ghz and 5.ghz.
I can already see the difference on my Ipad..it's become super fast navigating web.
Got same BT hub as you on BT infinity 2..

Any further problems you may have to tweak channels, otherwise it should be fine :)

BTW, for others, iPads connect to fastest wifi by default ;)

Any further problems you may have to tweak channels, otherwise it should be fine :)

BTW, for others, iPads connect to fastest wifi by default ;)

Seems much better already..time will tell but seems great.

Back