iPhone IOS 6.1 How Do You Stop Baseband Upgrading

Is there some method how to upgrade with Sn0wbreeze, i've done it once but as you said my baseband was ipad i've now downgraded
when i try to restore with itunes i just get 1602,

sn0wbreeze wont update the baseband to 05.16.00 unless you ask it to.
so now i assume you have downgraded back to 5.1.1 and the baseband to 5.13.04 ?

how did you create your custom firmware file sn0wbreeze?
i always found that "simple mode" was the best option and still preserved the baseband.
but if it no longer works that way then choose "baseband preservtion mode"
but go with "simple mode" first and see what happens.

remember to delete any custom.ipsw files youve already made first
and start from new.....that way you wont use old ipsw files by mistake.

Last edited:
sn0wbreeze wont update the baseband to 05.16.00 unless you ask it to.
so now i assume you have downgraded back to 5.1.1 and the baseband to 5.13.04 ?

how did you create your custom firmware file sn0wbreeze?
i always found that "simple mode" was the best option and still preserved the baseband.
but if it no longer works that way then choose "baseband preservtion mode"
but go with "simple mode" first and see what happens.

remember to delete any custom.ipsw files youve already made first
and start from new.....that way you wont use old ipsw fils by mistake.

I'm running 5.1.1, baseband 5.13.04 i created the ISPW with sn0wbreeze in simple mode, ive done it twice first one i mucked didn't realize cause it wasn't recognized in itunes and they would have been a fix then the second i got the wrong baseband

both have worked when i turned my laptop back but all my restores have gone dam comp doesn't keep history

i'll give the baseband mode a go and let you know

I'm running 5.1.1, baseband 5.13.04 i created the ISPW with sn0wbreeze in simple mode, ive done it twice first one i mucked didn't realize cause it wasn't recognized in itunes and they would have been a fix then the second i got the wrong baseband

both have worked when i turned my laptop back but all my restores have gone dam comp doesn't keep history

i'll give the baseband mode a go and let you know

sn0wbreeze will update your baseband to the ipads if you ask it to, so make sure that option is disabled, but normaly sn0wbreeze warns you before updating the baseband.
it wouldnt update the baseband in "simple mode"
try simple mode again, check your baseband, if itunes wont recognize the device then install that evasion untether from cydia

I had the same problem but i sorted by
flashing 4.1 with itunes then using redsnow to install 6.15 then downgrading to 5.13 for the unlock
i then used snowbreeze to create 6.1 ipsw, snowbreeze never updates baseband so was safe,installed ultrasnow and done
it took a while for itunes to kick in but it works ok now
hope this helps
haggiso

to save confusion you should beable to update to 6.1 from 5.1.1 preserving your baseband with sn0wbreeze.
go with the "simple mode"
but yes sn0wbreeze wont update the baseband unless you choose it too.

Cheers for your help

i'm now running 6.1 baseband 5.13.04
Network unlocked with ultrasn0w,

Must say though i did a clean install of windows 7 and only installed what i needed... to remove any unwanted setting, as i found i had only one go at sn0breeze for it to work, maybe its just me and i didn't need to do that but its all working i hope now

Cheers
Mark

If your restore does NOT end in a 1013, it means your baseband was updated. This is likely because you did not have the TSS server running OR you updated without TinyUmbrella OR you are working with a device OTHER than iPhone 4.

Back