internet connection problems

steve-g

Inactive User
Reaction score
Witness protection program say's not to tell
hi all

i have been having quite a few problems with my internet dropping off and not been able to connect for sometimes hours.

is there anyway of being able to log when my internet is connected or when its dropped off so i can prove to an engineer when he come's out as im sure most of the time they dont believe a word i say

it's really doing my head in as when they come the do a test and leave saying all is ok but not long after they leave my connection is off, trouble is is can sometimes work for a good few hours before dropping off then sometimes only comes on for about a minute or so

i was hoping their might be a programme that would log when my internet is connected and when its dropped off

i only use modem connected straight to pc no router if that helps

any help guys would be very greatful

cheers

I assume it is virmin ure talking about.

when it goes down phone them and get them to test it there and then.

they should be able to test it remotely

I assume it is virmin ure talking about.

when it goes down phone them and get them to test it there and then.

they should be able to test it remotely

How did you guess mate lol, i have phoned them many times and im now on my third modem and 2nd set top box.

i have had enough i told them after 2 days to come take the thing back and after a week i finally managed to get constant connection for more than an hour but just my luck my pc died and now borrowing daughters lappy.

i even had an engineer round on the bank holiday just gone and finally after a week i am getting some sort of regular connection( may be should put this in rant room lol)

every time they come they mess around at the cab or box and say all's now fixed then about 20 mins after they have gone no connection at all so thats why i wanted a way to log when my connection was on or off

cheers for reply though mate much appreciated

are you using the usb cable or the ethernet?
it's just a thought but I had a modem, albeit ADSL modem directly connected to my PC in the past and had similar problems until I switched to a router and a ethernet connection.

just something to be aware of. :)

are you using the usb cable or the ethernet?
it's just a thought but I had a modem, albeit ADSL modem directly connected to my PC in the past and had similar problems until I switched to a router and a ethernet connection.

just something to be aware of. :)

from modem i use ethernet to ethernet port on pc, i know its not the pc as daughters lappy does the same

but as of this post my connection is all good and working strong(touch wood) and hope it stays that way

thanks guys for all your help,

very much appreciated

I just spoke to my parents and they say thay have had real problems with virmin at mo. it stays connected but running real slow. def not modem or spyware.

to finally get mine sorted mate i constantly rang up complaining, i was even given the supervisors number and give him some grief, most of the green cab outside got replaced to try sort mine out and still didnt help and after many tech guys one came out and sorted it within 5 minutes

i also never phoned their costly help line and went through a normal advisor( as normal as you can get for virmin that is) and they put me through to their help line and complained to them.

one tech guy did let slip though that they were suppose to be dropping the 25p a min help line and going back to free service, how true that is who knows

most of the time it is the cab's problem with full of dirt or water. or even just needs a refit. they dont like doing this though cause they dont have the resources

Back