Internal HD choise

cicciodobro

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm going to buy a new hd for my SOLO2. I need to know if there are any restrictions regarding the maximum size. Also if anyone has experience or advice whether it is better a 5400 or 7200 rpm.
Can you can confirm that a SATA2 will work as well a sata3?
Ok, no more question (For the moment.. :p )

Thanks

I'm going to buy a new hd for my SOLO2. I need to know if there are any restrictions regarding the maximum size. Also if anyone has experience or advice whether it is better a 5400 or 7200 rpm.
Can you can confirm that a SATA2 will work as well a sata3?
Ok, no more question (For the moment.. :p )

Thanks

I would recommend a 2.5" less noise and heat or even better pick up a cheap solid state from flea bay.
Dependednt of image some like Blackhole support 2TB hard drives and most images can handle upto 1TB.
if you are using it for epg data storage and only asmall amount of recording say 10 hours per week go for a solid state...I have them in all my boxes.
not heat or noise for 5-10 years use
All said anything around 500gb hdd will be fine 3.5" or 2.5"..2.5" will require a caddy.

I would recommend a 2.5" less noise and heat or even better pick up a cheap solid state from flea bay.
Dependednt of image some like Blackhole support 2TB hard drives and most images can handle upto 1TB.
if you are using it for epg data storage and only asmall amount of recording say 10 hours per week go for a solid state...I have them in all my boxes.
not heat or noise for 5-10 years use
All said anything around 500gb hdd will be fine 3.5" or 2.5"..2.5" will require a caddy.

I'have bought this one: Western Digital HDD 1TB Blue 2.5" 8mb SATA III (WD10JPVX) found in a shop near my home.
It's realy noiseless, and has a really low power consuption (max 1.4 W).
It's a 5400 rpm, and it's recognise from all the image that I'm testing.
Just a precisation, for the solo 2 the only choise is 2,5''.

Thanks you for your advice

I am sure you already know that the VU Solo2 is only compatibly with 2.5" drives internally, WD are good as well as the samsung any of there green eco range will run quiet and produce minimal heat

Last edited:
Back