Insurance Time

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent best part of the afternoon/evening looking for Insurance for the Vespa
dont ya just hate filling in all those online forms lol

for the second year Tesco Compare have come out the cheapest by about £30/£40 compared to others :)
just got another years insurance for £75.34
:) happy days :scooter:

yep, your right about the form filling, i hate it too but its well worth it at the end of the day.
mines due next month and im hoping i can get it at roughly the same price as last year. £69 fully comp with bennets for my cbr1000, i just wonder if its because its old on a 88 plate and that i dont do that many miles on it each year.

Is there any way I can get my son insured on my insurance? He is 17 in August and wants to insure his Yamaha Jog R moped but all the quotes I get back want 700 in excesses and the bikes only worth 800! I will have a look at the MCN and see what that throws up but I'm not hopeful!

yep, your right about the form filling, i hate it too but its well worth it at the end of the day.
mines due next month and im hoping i can get it at roughly the same price as last year. £69 fully comp with bennets for my cbr1000, i just wonder if its because its old on a 88 plate and that i dont do that many miles on it each year.

that is cheap as chips for a 1000 cc bike..no matter wot age !!
thought i had it cheap 280 quid a year for a 4 year old aprillia tuono 1000

Got one year, 3000 mile, fully comp for a Bandit 600 for £130, thought it was a bargain as I only went back to biking last year after 25 years off and got the first bandit I had stolen after 11 weeks.

I only do about 2000 a year on the bike, slightest whiff of s**t weather and the car comes out, call me what you like but I'm too fat and owld to get too fecking cold :proud:

well i found out mine is due on the 28th of this month, so did the old compare sites and they did come back a little bit more, but heres a funny thing that happened tonight, i had my renewal come this morning at it was for £99 fully comp with no claims protected and to be able to ride other bikes and with 8 years no claims. now when i did the compare sites bennets came back at £83 so i rang and asked if they could do any better than the £99 of my renewal and they went through it and nope they couldnt, so i asked them to look up a reference number and asked if i could have it at the £83 ( for the exact same policy) and they said yes as i thought they would have to so im a happy chappy.
every little helps as they say.

i do agree with you chris that it is cheep as chips and thank god it is i tell you, i dont know if its because i only put that i do 2000 miles too, god knows but im happy that its staying in double figures though.

im the same as you musckrat , i dont go out in the bad weather unless its a absolute necessity.

Last edited:
Back