Insurance Claims Management Rip Off

thanks for that mate, that's my feeling about them, bully boys really!

anyway that's basically what i said in my letter, that they had no contract with me, and to take it up with my underwriters or my broker.

we'll see what they come back with.

they are similar to a debt collection agency, both try it on, a debt collection agency will send a letter saying the are collecting a debt previously owed to xxx.com, they usually have a name with some latin words that refer to debt or law, the threaten allsorts on you, the easy way with them is to tell them that you have no contract with them, that your contract is with, xxx.com, you then notify xxx.com that you have no contract with the debt collection agency, that your contract is with them, watch them shrivel, they then become very amicle, so much so that they are open to most offers, hopes this helps some one, thats if i havent muddled you all.

NO, NO, NO !!!!
Don't EVER make offers to these Scum !!!!
The large majority of these companies have next to no power or authority to collect debt and only survive by making their correspondence appear to look and sound like they have legal authority and making threats that make you think that you face awful consequences unless you comply with their requests.
And that is exactly what their letters are....Requests.
If I sent you a letter and said that unless you pay me £100 you could face possible court action and have bailiffs come to your home and take away all your possessions, but if you send me £50 by next week we can forget all about, would you send me the money ?
I can forward you my address if you wish !!
I am not saying completely ignore it but there are other ways to deal with this very successfully and it definitely does not include sending them money. If everybody stopped sending them money these leeches would not exist.

NO, NO, NO !!!!
Don't EVER make offers to these Scum !!!!
The large majority of these companies have next to no power or authority to collect debt and only survive by making their correspondence appear to look and sound like they have legal authority and making threats that make you think that you face awful consequences unless you comply with their requests.
And that is exactly what their letters are....Requests.
If I sent you a letter and said that unless you pay me £100 you could face possible court action and have bailiffs come to your home and take away all your possessions, but if you send me £50 by next week we can forget all about, would you send me the money ?
I can forward you my address if you wish !!
I am not saying completely ignore it but there are other ways to deal with this very successfully and it definitely does not include sending them money. If everybody stopped sending them money these leeches would not exist.
you took me up wrong mate, i said make an offer to the people that you owe the money to, not the super scum who live off them and you.

you took me up wrong mate, i said make an offer to the people that you owe the money to, not the super scum who live off them and you.

I think not M8 - you NEVER make an offer, it's an admission of liability. THEY make an offer so you'll go away and shut the feck up!

I think not M8 - you NEVER make an offer, it's an admission of liability. THEY make an offer so you'll go away and shut the feck up!

yes you are correct, we are getting our wires crossed, i was using the proverbial i owe $ly vermin or some such crowd, not the insurance dogs.

an update lads:

had a phone call from the broker and he's informed me that 4lbany 4ssist are going to 'absorb', as he put it, all outstanding repair bills in regard to the claim... yeeha!!!

trying to get this in writing, although somehow i doubt i'll get it, but nevertheless, i'm over the moon.

just goes to show that if you stick to your guns, keep all correspondence - and make sure they know you have, don't be intimidated, and above all, never give in to the bullies... in all walks of life!

and thanks again to all those who contributed to this, truly appreciated, cheers boys :drink:

Well done m8, glad it's sorted. David triumphs over Goliath again :) :thumbsup:

Back