installing plugins

mark95

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i have a dm500c and am using the DW 1.6.5 image, and cant get it to stream to the ip (192.168.0.5 is the one im using). I have the latest VLC installed in my pc but when i click on web x tv or vlc i get nothing just the orange traffic cone, same with my recordings either not file size or just traffic cone.

I have found and an VLC plugin and was wondering how i would go about installing it? (could you tell me step by step please im a little new to this)

Is their any easier way to get my recordings to work?

Can you confirm that your connection is correct, i.e. can you ftp or telnet to the box successfully?

Do you have VLC running on your PC when you are trying to stream?

There is a guide -->here<-- for setting up a mount for direct recording.

Also try BitControl for streaming, this is what I use.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to have the divx codecs installed on your pc for vlc to work properly - you might also need an ac3 codec for certain audio.

Once you install VLC - you DO NOT need to set anything up in that program

Like MrDude said, for streaming, you need VLC installed on your PC, not the Dreambox plugin.

As for your recordings, that could simply be a case of having to switch the tuner driver, but it could also be that none of your media players support the TS file format, and that your recordings are actually OK. Or as OK as an Enigma image can deliver, but that's a different story. :) Try Media Player Classic. It's a very handy media player that can handle almost anything you throw at it.

Back