Installing Picons

sharpman

Inactive User
Reaction score
right i`ve downloaded picons from ppanls onto the rear usb.

question how to install

after installing, restart and they should appear

a new picon pack was released yesterday, so ill update the downloadable pack later this evening

ok, ive restarted the tm800, now when i press menu/plugins i get Some plugins are not available Extensions/Ipicons (cannot import name cbputils)

can someone please tell me how i add some picons which are not on the dw images?

You mean update old ones
So you have picons folder you want to add more to it ?

Sent from my iPhone

i want to transfer the picons to work on my internal hard drive in my reciever instead of the rear usb so i can free this up for other things. Can someone please tell me how to transfer the picons from my rear usb to my internal hard drive?

putting picons onto an internal HDD (or any other form of hard drive) is a bad idea m8. if the drive is idel, and you change channel, you have to wait for the drive to spin up to speed, so the picon can be read, before the channel will change.

putting picons onto an internal HDD (or any other form of hard drive) is a bad idea m8. if the drive is idel, and you change channel, you have to wait for the drive to spin up to speed, so the picon can be read, before the channel will change.
Won't that only happen on the initial channel change though? (during an idle state)

Once spun up, channel changes should return to normal yes?

Perhaps setting the HDD standby to 'never' would help here..?

Won't that only happen on the initial channel change though? (during an idle state)

Once spun up, channel changes should return to normal yes?

Perhaps setting the HDD standby to 'never' would help here..?

once the drive is up to speed, then yes, channel change would be near enough normal, but, most receivers are set to idle the hdd after x minutes, i know ive got mine set to go to standby after 30 seconds, and for picons, epg data, and timeshift, i use a class 10 32Gb micro SD card as i HATE the sound of a drive or fan spinning away under the telly, how people can play an xbox 360 with those turbines screaming away i dont know, lol

Back