installing cam

mullo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys I have a 500 s and I am using gemini image i noticed theres no cam on it can someone tell me were I can get a cam e=whats the best cam and how to install it manualy.

ok guys I ftp the file to dreambox to tmp folder I renamed it but when i start up dream box and press blue button then go to add on and manual install there is nothing there no cam when I ftp it ove do I just close down the ftp software and shut down box

If you ftp something to the /tmp folder then turn the box off, it will be deleted from the /tmp folder. The box must stay on at all times.

The manual addon option will only work if the file is in tar.bz2 or .tar.gz format. Don't copy across the zip file or the emu file on it's own.

Unzip this file and copy the .tar.gz file to the /tmp folder then install via the addons menu.

Last edited:
ok so the zip file i rename that tar.bz2 is that correct forgive me for being stupid

You're not stupid lol. My fault for not explaining properly. :)

Unzip the mgcamd.zip file and you will get a file called mgcamd_1.24_070617.tar.gz. Ftp this file to the /tmp folder.

ok another problem got the cam installed but when i select it and then press the the button to start the new cam the common interface keeps coming up sorry again I must be doing something wrong

Go to the Blue button menu, move up to where it says 'common interface' and go right until mgcamd is highlighted. Press Green to activate it. Now go to the shutdown menu and select shutdown. The emu will not stay activated on bootup unless you shut it down. When it reboots it should say 'starting mgcamd'.

Another thing I forgot to mention..

In /var/keys, there is a mg_cfg file. You need to copy this file to your PC and open it with wordpad. Find the bit that says...

# key update (sum 01 or 02 with 04)
# 01 update only new keys, default setting
# 02 update all keys (used for valid PMK checking)
# 04 enable TPS au
U: { 01 }

..and change it to...

# key update (sum 01 or 02 with 04)
# 01 update only new keys, default setting
# 02 update all keys (used for valid PMK checking)
# 04 enable TPS au
U: { 04 }

This will enable auto update of the keys on TPS.

Also, go here and copy the SoftCam.key file to /var/keys and chmod 755.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=126185&page=4

Last edited:
i downloaded mgcam from blue button but i aint got config file to edit

im having same trouble, im uploadin it 2 temp folder, i install it but then i cant change from common interface

What image you running?

Did you install it via the Manual Addon or via telnet commands?

Are you copying the .tar.bz2 to the /tmp file?

I just stumbled across this thread & can't seem to find any files in my /var/keys directory. The menu from the blue button shows that I have MGCamd-1.24 running but that's the only way I know it is. Has this config file moved since this thread was started?

The files are still in the same place- var/keys
If you havent got them you could use the blue button, then addons, find mgcamd confg and download/install. That should put files in place.
These are the files that you may need in var/keys for mgcamd-
mg_cfg
SoftCam.Key
AutoRoll.Key
newcamd.list

Back