inkjet printer

miffew

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guy iam looking for a good inkjet printer that print dvd/cd i have a epson r265 an the moment but its on his last legs ?

My r200 nearly died on me last week but a new set of inks fixed it, but I was prepared to get a Canon ip 4600 refurbished from the canon outlet on eBay.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

i have the epson p50 printer, with continious ink system attached to it, and it is very good at printing on cd/dvd and printing covers and stuff, very good printer, i got it to replace my epson r300

I used to have an Epson R300, when it dies I got a Canon IP4500, and I think it's way better than the Epson.

It prints @ 9600 DPI (Epson is around 5500)
My inks cost 47p per colour, 3 colours and 2 blacks.
The head can be taken out and washed or replaced.
It prints on CD's.
Has 2 paper paths, a back tray and a tray under so you can load it with 2 sizes of paper, or plain and photo paper.
Prints both sides of the paper automatically.
Smaller footprint than the Epson.
You can get a CSS system for it too.
The CD printing tray doesn't get stuck or slip, it seems better made than the Epson.

Bear in mind that this is MY comparison between the Canon IP4500 and the Epson R300. Other people may have a different view.

One bad thing with the Canon there is no screen or memory card reader.

The wife says she prefers the canon cos I can stack my shit on top as the lids flat. :)

I used to have an Epson R300, when it dies I got a Canon IP4500, and I think it's way better than the Epson.

It prints @ 9600 DPI (Epson is around 5500)
My inks cost 47p per colour, 3 colours and 2 blacks.
The head can be taken out and washed or replaced.
It prints on CD's.
Has 2 paper paths, a back tray and a tray under so you can load it with 2 sizes of paper, or plain and photo paper.
Prints both sides of the paper automatically.
Smaller footprint than the Epson.
You can get a CSS system for it too.
The CD printing tray doesn't get stuck or slip, it seems better made than the Epson.

Bear in mind that this is MY comparison between the Canon IP4500 and the Epson R300. Other people may have a different view.

One bad thing with the Canon there is no screen or memory card reader.

The wife says she prefers the canon cos I can stack my shit on top as the lids flat. :)

i tried this printer you say m8, with the css system, and it wouldnt work proper, i took it back to the shop, that i got it from, and he was trying to fix it for ages, and the shop i got it from, is one of the best around for css systems, i said can i just swap it for the p50 with a css system on this, he said ok, and then that is unbelievable the p50 my ink has lasted for ages and always good printouts, i love epson, they just graft, untill they die

i tried this printer you say m8, with the css system, and it wouldnt work proper, i took it back to the shop, that i got it from, and he was trying to fix it for ages, and the shop i got it from, is one of the best around for css systems, i said can i just swap it for the p50 with a css system on this, he said ok, and then that is unbelievable the p50 my ink has lasted for ages and always good printouts, i love epson, they just graft, untill they die

With inks as cheap as they are I cant be bothered with a CSS system. I get around 150 disks and DVD covers out of 1 set of carts.

My friend has the Canon IP4300 with a CSS system, bought from ebay, and has been using it for 2 years without any problem.

I had a CSS system with my R300 and had nothing but problems with it.

I remember years ago Epsons used to have a reputation for being 13 month printers, they always broke just after the warranty run out.

I would say the Epsons are good printers, I just prefer the extra functions and quality of the Canon.

The thing I like about the Canon is you don't get any messages about pads being full and you don't have to reset any counters, also you can take the head out to clean it when the head cleaning routine doesn't work.

There's always good and bad in anything.

Last edited:
With inks as cheap as they are I cant be bothered with a CSS system. I get around 150 disks and DVD covers out of 1 set of carts.

My friend has the Canon IP4300 with a CSS system, bought from ebay, and has been using it for 2 years without any problem.

I had a CSS system with my R300 and had nothing but problems with it.

I remember years ago Epsons used to have a reputation for being 13 month printers, they always broke just after the warranty run out.

I would say the Epsons are good printers, I just prefer the extra functions and quality of the Canon.

The thing I like about the Canon is you don't get any messages about pads being full and you don't have to reset any counters, also you can take the head out to clean it when the head cleaning routine doesn't work.

There's always good and bad in anything.

i know what u mean m8, canon are good printers, and like u say epson ised to break after about 13 month, i had the epson rs285 and it lasted about 2 years until i got the error messages, so i replaced it with the epson p50, i love this printer it grafts its little bottom of lol, but like u say, good and bad in things

To be honest I can't say what Epson's are like now as I've had Canon's for over 2 years. I do most of my serious printing on a Samsung colour laser cos it's way cheaper than the inkjet and much better quality for standard stuff like documents and coputer bases graphics and clipart. But for photo's i've yet to see anything beat the true 9600 dpi of the Canon for quality.

I used an Epson R320, but it gave up the ghost a while back, i ended up getting an Epson BX300F and i'm not that keen about it...not that keen at all.

Where are you getting carts from bud?

I wouldn't mind going for something like this, but i've got used to the Epson BX300F Scanner facility which i use more than the printer.

Anything like a reliable, quality print, printer like the one Captin mentioned combines with an onboard scanner???

(Has to have cheap carts!)

Cheers

having had pretty much every make of printer under the sun, i can in my Opinion, Lexmark are crap. chgeap and nasty, inks cost a fortune!

Epson are cheaply made and noisy in operation
Compats are cheap though.

Cannon is just plain quality and lasts years, my Parents still have my old MP760 multi and still going strong 5 years down the line.
With Seperate inks for a mere 99p each (compats).
it was the size of a house, but even had a quite printing mode for night time use.
As mentioned you can remove the print head and clean it.
Dont get me wrong they make some cheap stuff too aimed at the budget market like the i1800, but at £25 for a printer what do you expect?

i have moved over HP, only because it has a decent document feeder on thev scanner and the wifi is much more stable than the early cannon printers that dabled in wifi (very flakey) and dented their good rep.

I have an HP officejet J6410 all in one and i bought it 2 years ago for £90 on offer direct from HP.

Work pay for my Carts, so i dont worry about cost and only use genuine HP as the yeild is always better and the print quality is better than compats.

As i scan alot of docs to head office rather than use snail mail its perfect for what i use it for.
Te officejets are better built than the Usual home printer fodder and designed for heavy use.

Quailty and reliabilty and simple to use.

My opinion is you get what you pay for!

If you want quality disc prints then invest in a burner with Lightscribe tech as the cost of the Media has come down alot since it first came out.

I have an old Epson CX3200. Inks were less than pound a piece for colour or black.

Been working fine ofr six or more years. Bought online from Germany for £89 delivered when they were costing £135 in the UK.

i had to bite the bullet as my r265 could not hold on anymore and went out and got a cannon ip4700 . i have been a epson man for 6 years and to be honest i think i should have gone with cannon fron the start very quite and fast and smaller . only thing i find is i use full face pritables and the settings on the cd print program dont go all the way to the center hole

Use a custom label size of around 118mm x 21mm it works fine. The canon cd program is very good.

Back