Initialising USB times out

riscatto

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trying to initialise 500gb USB, runs to 66/100 then after awhile times out. Anyway to get over this or initialise on PC?
I have formatted on PC both FAT32 and also tried NTFS but when trying to initialise on Octagon SF8008 it times out

Any advice appreciated

Still struggling with this, just purchased new 500gb Lenovo USB, exactly the same happens times out when initialising on Octagon.
Also tried converting to Ext 4 which failed
Any advice appreciated

You have not stated which image and version you are using. Are you able to get debug log of process? You have a hardware multiboot receiver, do you get same result with another image?

Initailise = format in ext file system.
You should be able to do this in windows.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Thanks for reply, you are trying to help a novice here, the image is Open ATV which was on the box when I purchased it, not sure I have another image installed, will have to reply to that later, is there a certain make of USB that is more reliable? To be honest I didn't realise that this box wouldn't hold regular Hard Drive. May be a day or two before I reply to Image etc and give full info as it is spare box
Thank you once again

You should start from scratch and Flash an image of your choice and go from there.

You may be able to flash it online. Press the blue button and look for flash online option.

And you can get away with not initilising the drive format it to fat 32 on a pc and then just mount the drive.

Formatting USB now, do I still need to flash box with new image? if so which do you advise?
Have to try all this tonight, really grateful

Trying to format seems only ExFat allowed no Fat 32?
exfat should be fine.

So i take it your not taking our advice to flash a recent image to your box then ?

You dont even need to spoil the image your on now you can flash a new image to slot 2

Of course I will take your advice, try it this evening when I get home, hopefully I can download as you suggested earlier, which image do you suggest? Also managed to format to Fat32 seems as the drive was 500gb it wouldn't take Fat32 so downloaded app that forced it
So I should now just have to mount drive

I am pretty sure ATV do not pre-install the exfat drivers.

Menu, plugins, green (download) drivers, there will be an entry there, might be "fuse exfat". Once driver is installed and box is rebooted using menu (not just enigma2/gui restart), device should be mounted.

With regards to flashing, flash image using the remote. No need for using a fat32 USB stick.

As you are already on ATV and presumably comfortable using it, flash that. But use 7.2. The images have dates, so I presume you will flash one from last night instead of one from 6 months ago.

Well I flashed with OpenATV 7.2 through Blue Button said flashed okay restart in 3 seconds but never booted up. Restarted from switch now it is just going round in circles, will try to flash from USB

This is odd? after flashing through Blue Button it wouldn't boot properly just circling starting up showing error restarting. So I tried to flash from USB, no files found? tried this a couple of times without success. Then looked at images already loaded there were two OpenATV 7.2 and another not sure what it was? already on box from new so tried to Boot that option which it did seemed to be all "apps" Youtube etc.
Did exactly the same again only tried OpenATV which then booted up had reset everything scan satellite tried to mount USB which it seemed to do. Now just have to setup Jedimaker again. But so far so good thanks for all input and help.

Back