Other in my screen knackered ?

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys- i got a toshiba 15.4" sattelite laptop, when i connect to an external monitor the laptop is working fine however its own screen , goes white when i switch it on, if i mess about with the lid, i can get it to work, sometimes screen is all funky oil slick type of colours, yet i can see all the writing on the screen but funky colours lol..see pic, is the screen knackered ?VIDEO0151_0000001405.jpg

Looks knackered to me mate, try taking the bezel off unscrew the side screws and unplug the connector on the back and re plug it in see if that sorts it, if not just get a new one real easy to change

It's probably the ribbon cable at the hinge section. A replacement might be available on ebay - should be able to search via laptop model number rather than having to tear down to get the actual part number.

As you'll have to open the bezels to replace, see if there is a tear down video on youtube.

thanks guys...it was the ribbon cable..all fine now ...thanks

same thing happened to me,thanks to this thread i now have it back up n running ,thanks

thanks guys...it was the ribbon cable..all fine now ...thanks

It is quite easy to rectify problems like this as you have now found out, it is the fear factor of messing everything up that puts most people off of trying, but as Little_Pob says there is usually a tear-down video or instructions to be found on the net.
Well Done Johnny Bravo I bet you would even consider going a bit further now if you had other problems !

i followed a teardown video, was easy really , only thing was remebering what screw went were, i just took pics on my phone and labelled the screw that i took off and where they went...

Back