Important Security Issue!

I mistakenly sent the wrong link twice, so had to resend it, sorry

we are trying to put as much strain on the server, internally, as possible in the hope that any weaknesses will be flagged by the monitoring systems we have in place, we can then work on these

lol, you sure this time???

some new member called double d`s , hacked the site, and brainwashing the members, lol

double ds is not a new member its the admin security log in for saftey. at present they only have a few posts because of the upgrades mickied did a while back, some of the older members from when i joined might remember the name.

Should we just sit and continually send PM's to RAT?

And why do they need to goto RAT and no one else?

Why not a test account?

Last edited:
Should we just shit and continually send PM's to RAT?

And why fo they need to goto RAT and no one else?

Why not a test account?

think the account needs to be an admin account and rat volunteered his account

the software only allows set number of admins, there not going to erase an existing admin to set a test one up hence the account you have to pm.

Hmm, lol

Yeah OKKKK then ;)

the software only allows set number of admins, there not going to erase an existing admin to set a test one up hence the account you have to pm.

As I am a vBulletin owner myself, I have not came across an admin limit

It's a new one to me

Why did the mods/admin not start the thread then, it was only a normal thread with a link and more members would have replied.

me thinks you are all scared of rat...lol

As I am a vBulletin owner myself, I have not came across an admin limit

It's a new one to me

what version you running, mine only had 6 and i believe each admin here has a backup incase of problems with there normal account which would equal 6.

ps please dont go off topic, this is about the security of the site and we need to keep pm'ing to ensure its safe running, please do so.

Why did the mods/admin not start the thread then, it was only a normal thread with a link and more members would have replied.

it was started by a mod, its the security login account.

Last edited by a moderator:

me thinks you are all scared of rat...lol

All I know is I got told to help try and test the server and I hope you are all still trying to pm. The Double D account was setup to check further security flaws that had been uncovered.

PLEASE keep pming the test account called RAT

what version you running, mine only had 6 and i believe each admin here has a backup incase of problems with there normal account which would equal 6.

I am running 3.6.8

I know of some sites with over 10 admins (which I see in it's own right as a security flaw) but when I have made admin test accounts I have never had an issue going over 15 (temporarily with the forum closed)

And sorry to seem to go off topic but I am just concerned the way this has been brought about, and the site as a whole. If someone wants to hack into something they can....believe me.

Last edited:
Back