Important Security Issue!

The_double_Ds

Inactive User
Reaction score
COULD ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ AND TAKE ACTION!!

Following the thread of a DoS (Denial of Service) attack being launched against digitalworldz a few extra security measures have been implemented for the next few weeks in order to protect the site and to minimise the potential risk of any downtime in the event of an attempted attack. We would like to try and internally reconstruct a Dos attack and therefor need as many members help as possible.

If you value the uptime of digitalworldz PLEASE help us test the implemented security measures.

To internally reconstruct a DoS attack we need to have a high flow of encrypted data traveling through the forum software all at once. In order to achieve this we have set up a private message account to deal with this as all private messages are encrypted. If you could click the link below and type anything randomly into the subject line and body of the message then send it we can begin the testing procedure, and with any luck we will have no downtime at all. Please DO NOT change the recipient of the private message as this is a vital internal part of the testing procedure.

Thank you for taking the time to protect, and ensure that digital worldz stays the number one community on the net.

This was a wind up, thanks for taking part ;)

The_double_Ds.
(DW security)

Last edited by a moderator:
wtf I thought DDOS was when maybe some kid with a bunch of hacked computers floods a host with random traffic. Setting up mailbox protection isnt going to do much I dont think seeing as you need to be registered to send a message anyway.

I think you might find Rats gonna kick u square in the nuts for this!

The link should allow you to pm a member on the site, just send a message to test the serve strain thanks.

Is this a joke?? Fooking message thing keeps popping up on the screen, pager message. Can you stop the games, or gonna log off.

guys id do as they say i dont know if its related but my messages have been hacked and theres all sorts of weird script writing in them with links and sh!t,

do it now before the attack hits everyone,

hope mods can put my account right once things are sorted.

i clicked the close box then deleted my pagers m8, on the original skin they either work like hell on overtime, or not at all lol

PM sent

PM sent can't have the forum going tits up can we now :)

Sorry Rat!

Back