I'm having problems converting raw to iso

bigeasy_uk

Inactive User
Reaction score
I cant seem to be able to convert raw files to iso, i've tried unscrambler, rawdump1.3 and rawdump 2.0, each one runs for about 5 seconds then bombs out leaving me with a 0kb iso file.
I've checked the nfo that came with them all and they all say they are raw dumps. At the minute i'm restricted to games already in iso format, which isn't very many!
Can anyone throw any light on the subject?

Ive only had 1 thats .Wii and I used rawdump 2.0
all of mine have been ISO files m8,very easy to find

i have 3 or 4 games on hdd that are .wii. i downloaded a programme from one of the threads but all it does is flashes a DOS window for a second then its gone, what and where is rawdumper and is it easy? ta

unscrambler.exe file.raw file.iso

i've found that the release group called qwiif release thier games in iso format already, so i'm re-downloading some games now, but it would be handy to know what i'm doing wrong with unscrambler. luckily i'm downloading at 1200KB/s so it doesnt take too long to replace the games i downloaded in the wrong format :)

unscrambler.exe file.raw file.iso

i've found that the release group called qwiif release thier games in iso format already, so i'm re-downloading some games now, but it would be handy to know what i'm doing wrong with unscrambler. luckily i'm downloading at 1200KB/s so it doesnt take too long to replace the games i downloaded in the wrong format :)

It should be unscrambler.exe file.wii file.iso

Is this what you have been doing?

i have 3 or 4 games on hdd that are .wii. i downloaded a programme from one of the threads but all it does is flashes a DOS window for a second then its gone, what and where is rawdumper and is it easy? ta

you need to run the program in a DOS command prompt

If its the unscrambler program the format is:

unscrambler.exe file.wii file.iso

yep, thats what i've been doing. i've tried remaning it to file.wii as well, but that shouldnt matter as the program looks at the file rather than the name of it. the disk images i've downloaded didnt have a file extension at all, but they are raw images, i've looked in the nfo.
i've got plenty of space left on the drive as well, so it cant be that either.

i've tried running it from a command prompt and also creating a batch file containing the correct syntax (its easier than navigating in command prompt), neither works.

yep, thats what i've been doing. i've tried remaning it to file.wii as well, but that shouldnt matter as the program looks at the file rather than the name of it. the disk images i've downloaded didnt have a file extension at all, but they are raw images, i've looked in the nfo.
i've got plenty of space left on the drive as well, so it cant be that either.

i've tried running it from a command prompt and also creating a batch file containing the correct syntax (its easier than navigating in command prompt), neither works.

dodgy raw dumps then i suspect

i cant see how they can be dodgy, i've tried on 3 different files now, all from newsgroups and all parity checked. i've never had a problem with the files i've downloaded off the giganews servers and i download shitloads (approx 300gb a month). they are also from propper release groups.

i cant see how they can be dodgy, i've tried on 3 different files now, all from newsgroups and all parity checked. i've never had a problem with the files i've downloaded off the giganews servers and i download shitloads (approx 300gb a month). they are also from propper release groups.

which releases?

i've deleted all but one now, rayman raving rabbids, filename pi-rayrr, release group pi

cheers rat, but it says i need some sort of net framework installed. i tried the command in dos but it just beeped at me, do i have to put the unscrambler application into a certain folder for it to run under dos?

tia

dd

didn't work :-(
i'm a bit stumped now. i'll just have to make sure they are in iso format before i download them. i'm sure most will be in iso format soon, it makes sense for the release groups to unscramble them before uploading them rather than everyone doing it after download.
cheers for your help anyway

i worked out that it has to go into the documents and settings folder to get it going, but now it says about a gpl license and says it cant open the wii file

i worked out that it has to go into the documents and settings folder to get it going, but now it says about a gpl license and says it cant open the wii file

The LICENSE file has to be in the same directory as the unscrambler.exe

Back