im going on the list soon

tony49

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok lads first of all sorry about spelling I will be using words ive not used befor

right after 2 and a half years of going to freemans hospital in Newcastle and having test after test I have now been told I meat the criteria to go on the active transplantlist for a double lung transplant it will take about 5 weeks for all the paper work to go through then I will be on a 2 hour call out to be rushed to freemans bye ambulance I no its good news but at the end of the day all you are doing is changing one set of problems for another but at lest I will be able to breath

and I do no it doesn't garanty a transplant but its a good start to get on the list cheers all just wanted to share my news

Good news mate hope all goes well, as you say it's a good start :)

f**k me, a double lung transplant, can they do that. I didn't even know it was possible.

Good luck matey, best wishes hope it all works out for you!

I think you are a very brave chappy.

Good luck and get well very soon. jamsb.

Good luck m8,fingers crossed for you and hope the wait isn't too long

Everything crossed for mate,that's great news :)

Wow, that's some undertaking! Best of luck to you mate, hope it all goes well and the recovery.

If I could just add summat? I asked around, 'cos I've got some contacts in the NHS, and it turns out that Freeman's is like the best in the UK for this.

So all the best Tony, you're in good hands :)

Good luck Tony. Hope everything works out well for you.

:Cheers:

thank you all for your kind words and support cheers tony

Great news tony I wish you all the best with your future op and I hope you have a very speedy healthy recovery once they find a suitable donor for you.

Last edited:
As everyone else has said Good Luck Tony !!
I hope a match is found for you fairly quickly and that everything goes well, just remember running around after the nurses once the ops been done is frowned upon !

hope everything goes OK for you m8 and your not waiting to long.

Back