Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

IGN scores Mario Galaxy 2 a perfect 10

How did I know that you would be all over this ?! Lol. You know. I know.

Anyway moving on, this game was always going to score around a 9 - 9.5 area all day long - but I think a well done is in order because a 10 doesn't come around too often on any console or format. So Nintendo obviously nailed it here, as they often do on their own stuff to be fair. Also it should be taken into context too as a 10 on the Wii is quite different to a 10 on the 360 or PS3 consoles for obvious presentational/expectancy reasons. Though if there's 1 thing I know from experience is just about guaranteed in Nintendo made games is quality assurance in gameplay at the very least.

Taking nothing away from SMG2 though, been looking forward to this one myself - this and Metroid Other M. And the new Zelda. Hopefully those two will be just as good when they are ready for release. Especially Zelda as I'm a big fan of that franchise. See, not a PS3 fanboy after all - I enjoy them all! ;)

Last edited:
How did I know that you would be all over this ?! Lol. You know. I know.

Anyway moving on, this game was always going to score around a 9 - 9.5 area all day long - but I think a well done is in order because a 10 doesn't come around too often on any console or format. So Nintendo obviously nailed it here, as they often do on their own stuff to be fair. Also it should be taken into context too as a 10 on the Wii is quite different to a 10 on the 360 or PS3 consoles for obvious presentational/expectancy reasons. Though if there's 1 thing I know from experience is just about guaranteed in Nintendo made games is quality assurance in gameplay at the very least.

Taking nothing away from SMG2 though, been looking forward to this one myself - this and Metroid Other M. And the new Zelda. Hopefully those two will be just as good when they are ready for release. Especially Zelda as I'm a big fan of that franchise. See, not a PS3 fanboy after all - I enjoy them all! ;)

A 10 on the Wii is very differnt from a 10 on the PS3 or the 360, lol... Well thanks for letting me know mate.

A 10 on the Wii is very differnt from a 10 on the PS3 or the 360, lol... Well thanks for letting me know mate.

No problem but you know it's true, think about it the Wii is a family/kiddie console (I've got one!;)) and so the expectancy level isn't as high as with a 360 or PS3 naturally and nor can the Wii match those two in presentational innovation because it's simply not a high definition machine. I wish it were hd but it's mostly a last gen machine in truth is the Wii and only Nintendo fanboys would try and convince anyone differently. And so for that reason a 10 on the Wii is different to a 10 on other systems. Though in one respect a 10 is obviously a 10 regardless lol don't get me wrong but the point is it's easier achieved on Wii due to less expectancy that's the point I was making.

Hopefully I'll get to play the game sooner rather than later anyhow.

No problem but you know it's true.

No sorry mate, I have my own opinions.

Things like graphic ratings are based on "How the game looks as well as technical issues like animation quality, texture design, and framerate." - IGN also provide a guide to their other rating categories.

I find the arguments about graphics and begin 'kiddy' a bit juvenile and best left for fanboy battles on gaming forums, if that's anyones particular bag. I don't see why a game's 10 score should be perceived as more important than anothers becasue a certain group of people think that this console is 'cooler' or more 'cult' or 'adult'; it's a bit like saying my dad is harder than your's, so he's a better dad, or Toyota could make a really, really good car, but it can't get 10/10 because it doesn't go as fast as a ferrari - see what I mean, the logic is completly floored.

I posted this because IGN rarely give perfect 10 scores, and I own a Wii, and played the first one and thought the artwork, gameplay, level design and basically the imagination and creativity that went into it was something very rarely seen in games - so that's why I posted really... Wasn't to piss you off, or 'get one up' on the xbox crew or kick virtual dirt in the face of the PS Pose... I guarantee you.

No sorry mate, I have my own opinions.

Things like graphic ratings are based on "How the game looks as well as technical issues like animation quality, texture design, and framerate." - IGN also provide a guide to their other rating categories.

I find the arguments about graphics and begin 'kiddy' a bit juvenile and best left for fanboy battles on gaming forums, if that's anyones particular bag. I don't see why a game's 10 score should be perceived as more important than anothers becasue a certain group of people think that this console is 'cooler' or more 'cult' or 'adult'; it's a bit like saying my dad is harder than your's, so he's a better dad, or Toyota could make a really, really good car, but it can't get 10/10 because it doesn't go as fast as a ferrari - see what I mean, the logic is completly floored.

I posted this because IGN rarely give perfect 10 scores, and I own a Wii, and played the first one and thought the artwork, gameplay, level design and basically the imagination and creativity that went into it was something very rarely seen in games - so that's why I posted really... Wasn't to piss you off, or 'get one up' on the xbox crew or kick virtual dirt in the face of the PS Pose... I guarantee you.

And I didn't say you was.....all I am saying is that I believe you to be a proof positive Nintendo fanboy not that there's anything wrong with that and also that Wii games aren't held up to the same standard generally speaking to 360 and PS3 exclusives because it's not a HD console and is more of a party/family console. So not to say 10's are easier or harder to come by - but the expectations are lesser on that console. Case in point who wouldn't love to see a HD Mario or Zelda with awesome graphics to go along with the already excellent artistic design coupled with a real sense of scale in certain scenes ? I know I would and I doubt I'm alone on that one.

And I didn't say you was.....all I am saying is that I believe you to be a proof positive Nintendo fanboy

No mate - based on what? A post about a rare perfect 10 scoring IGN game which happens to be on the Wii? Think we live in different worlds; I live in one where I don't give a s*it about fanboys or that the fetish even exists. There was nothing in the orginal post that suggested fanboyism. The word fanboy should never have been used anywhere in this thread - it's boring.

Can I say trolling before you do though please ... ... ... ... ... ... trolling... ... ... ... ... :proud:

No mate - based on what? A post about a rare perfect 10 scoring IGN game which happens to be on the Wii? Think we live in different worlds; I live in one where I don't give a s*it about fanboys or that the fetish even exists. There was nothing in the orginal post that suggested fanboyism. The word fanboy should never have been used anywhere in this thread - it's boring.

Can I say trolling before you do though please ... ... ... ... ... ... trolling... ... ... ... ... :proud:

No don't be getting all defensive lol you know exactly what I'm talking about and don't even try to deny it bud....and trolling because I mentioned the word fanboy and you took the whole thing out of context ? Pah, get real mate. And you obviously care enough about the truth to post about it. I didn't troll you as that was never my intention as I was pointing out a fact or two, as well as my personal opinion. Let's not be making this about me and you, let's just leave it at the fact that I know that you are a real fanboy and I am not one and also let's leave it at the fact that I think you're full of crap and you don't like me because I called you a fanboy - sound fair enough ?

Other than that, 10/10 for SMG2 ? Nice one. But of course I said that already....because unlike a lot of fanboys and haters I give credit where credit is due. But enough about me, this thread is madeinbeats SMG2 appreciation thread so have at it mate by all means I've said my bit....I'm done now.

Perfect 10 ? Sounds great, I can't wait to play it.

I'll also ask if anyone's played Red Dead Redemption since that's had high reviews also....I haven't played it yet but I do plan on getting it. Always liked the Wild West settings in games.

Last edited:
No don't be getting all defensive lol you know exactly what I'm talking about and don't even try to deny it bud....and trolling because I mentioned the word fanboy and you took the whole thing out of context ? Pah, get real mate. And you obviously care enough about the truth to post about it. I didn't troll you as that was never my intention as I was pointing out a fact or two, as well as my personal opinion. Let's not be making this about me and you, let's just leave it at the fact that I know that you are a real fanboy and I am not one and also let's leave it at the fact that I think you're full of crap and you don't like me because I called you a fanboy - sound fair enough ?

Other than that, 10/10 for SMG2 ? Nice one. But of course I said that already....because unlike a lot of fanboys and haters I give credit where credit is due. But enough about me, this thread is madeinbeats SMG2 appreciation thread so have at it mate by all means I've said my bit....I'm done now.

Perfect 10 ? Sounds great, I can't wait to play it.

I'll also ask if anyone's played Red Dead Redemption since that's had high reviews also....I haven't played it yet but I do plan on getting it. Always liked the Wild West settings in games.

It's impossible to get an adult conversation out of you mate, everyone in the world is a fanboy but you. You could probably count the number of threads by me with the word Nintendo in on one hand in the whole 6 years I've been posting here, try doing a search mate.

On the other hand, lets count all the threads you are involved in fighting about consoles and throwing the word fanboy around in the short time you have been here. The maths and statistics show who is and who isn't a fanboy here, not your personal delusions.

You've just built yourself up into this laughable imfaumous charicature of a sad man who bickers aimlessly about how you are not a fanboy - by calling everyone else one... Can't you see that is psychotic behaviour? I can't understand your existance; you just seem to wollow in anger and bitterness and do your best to impose it where it doesn't exist.

Please mate, have youself a bet and see if you can go one month without saying, typing, writing or thinking 'fanboy' or 'troll' - you might just feel better in yourself.

Hey screw you I'm just saying what I think and in some cases setting you straight on what the facts are regarding myself. It's you that got all defensive.

By the way, on topic, Super Mario Galaxy 2 - chalk up another 10.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Review for Wii - GameSpot

If you go around pointing a slanderious acussing finger with 'facts' that don't exist, then you are going to provoke a reaction - I'll let the real life evidence do the talking.

I seriously think you would have a better experience if you just drop: fanboy, troll, fact, and 'you know it's true' and various other Ravenisms from your posts mate. This fanboy thing... it's very, very old mate... no one cares... come on give it a go... You'll look back in a few years when you are married and have kids and think, 'what the f*** was I doing getting so worked up about consoles for, s*it on me man...'

Back on track though, Edge gave it a rare perfect score too. It has just so far been reviewed as a real connossiuer's, gamer's game - not only that, but has reached a balance as a game for the hardcore and casual gamer's at the same time.

Nuff talk, let's just play it...

If you go around pointing a slanderious acussing finger with 'facts' that don't exist, then you are going to provoke a reaction - I'll let the real life evidence do the talking.

I seriously think you would have a better experience if you just drop: fanboy, troll, fact, and 'you know it's true' and various other Ravenisms from your posts mate. This fanboy thing... it's very, very old mate... no one cares... come on give it a go... You'll look back in a few years when you are married and have kids and think, 'what the f*** was I doing getting so worked up about consoles for, s*it on me man...'

Back on track though, Edge gave it a rare perfect score too. It has just so far been reviewed as a real connossiuer's, gamer's game - not only that, but has reached a balance as a game for the hardcore and casual gamer's at the same time.

Nuff talk, let's just play it...

Well all I'm saying is you'd be having a different disposition if the shoe was on the other foot. And to say the fanboy thing is really old it sure does rage on a lot on here and in a lot of places around the web and world. If it's so old then people would stop with the fanboy shit just because they like and have both in their fridge but ultimately prefer Coke to Pepsi. It's ridiculous. Like I said before there's nothing wrong with it as such, but the put me downs and trolling over someone else's preference needs to stop as it's gay as ****. As for me saying I believe you to be a fanboy, key difference, I was not trolling you. It was just an observation which you got ass hurt over. But especially so because I posted it.

Anyway moving on....I seen the SMG2 video reviews now and I have to say it looks awesome. I liked the original SMG but I didn't quite feel it was as good as people said - but this one looks like it's fulfilled the creative potential of the first one and seems fully deserving of it's 10 scores from 2 of the biggest game websites.

Since i was a kid i liked platformers and puzzle games but things have sort of diverted and became all about graphics and story line, with the galaxy series this has been reignited for me great gameplay and puzzles again the way a developer should be thinking easily the best platformer out there, always a challenge!! I remember back when it was about who was the best out of mario and sonic i used to think sonic but the next gen games they have created have all been turd, the mario team have not failed on any of there games all have been good and very playable keep up the good work is what i say!!

The great thing about SMG2 is that with it being the same engine and certainly looking and feeling so similar to the original, Nintendo were afforded the luxury of not having to worry about code stability and creating game engines etc for the most part so then they were able to focus a lot more on their creativity in terms of creating gameplay with more depth, more challenge and even more fun and it definitely shows. Very tricky/clever this game.

I can see why it scored 10/10 because it is better than the original SMG by some distance in my estimation as it's much more layered and focused. You can tell Nintendo had a lot more time and freedom in this one to focus on the creative aspect.

Back