IFA Problem

dtwomac

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, I have attempted to flash the box with a image after miss flashing it and this is the boot log. I have tried to flash it a few times but no go. I have disabled the antivirus windows firewall and set the net card to 10Mb @ Half duplex and there are no other net cards to disable, I have also attempted to go into HyperTerminal mode but it just hangs at the boot screen with one block showing. I am now getting worried it's knackered. Please help. Thanks.

debug: DDF: Calibrating delay loop... debug: DDF: 66.76 BogoMIPS
debug: BMon V1.2 mID 03
debug: feID 00 enxID 03
debug: fpID 52 dsID http://Hallenberg.com
debug: HWrev 61 FPrev 0.23
debug: B/Ex/Fl(MB) 32/00/08
WATCHDOG reset enabled
debug: autoboot aborted from terminal
dbox2:root> boot net net net net net net net net net net
debug:
BOOTP/TFTP bootstrap loader (v0.3)
debug:
debug: Transmitting BOOTP request via broadcast
debug: Given up BOOTP/TFTP boot
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
boot: elfcopy failed: 16
dbox2:root>
------ Extra Informations ------
Selected Network adapter: Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport (0)
IP-Adress of the Network Adapter: 192.168.254.201
IP-Adress of the Dbox: 192.168.254.202
Comport: Communications Port (COM2)
Operatingsystem: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
CPU 1: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ @ 1666 MHz
Filename of the Images: Andromeda V1.40 Sagem 1x.img
Imagetype: One Flash
DBOX-IFA Version: 3.0
------ Powered by http://www.dboxservice-hallenberg.de ------

Firewalls off - must turn the windows firewall AND any 3rd party firewall off, anything like 'norton internet security' etc.

it won't be knackered, it'll be something daft thats been missed.

don't go thru a router and give you PC and nice easy static IP to start with, 1921.68.1.100, no gateway, default subnet mask - thats what i do - evn though IFA assigns it's own.

Hi, yes all firewalls are off and yes I am using x-over cable and null modem to flash it but no go this is an old p.c I am using as my main one dont even go this far! thanks for the ideas though.

Also try turning off any wireless networks if you have one. Sometimes it pays to try a different version of IFA, not sure which one is best but there are versions which work better than others for some people. PaphosAl is an IFA expert so maybe if he sees this he can help.

mgb is the bootlog expert and could tell you exactly what is going on, but until then it may help to try a different version of IFA.

AL gallops to the rescue! :Biggrin2:

Have a careful read of this thread, dtwomac:

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/157644/

It contains a useful step-by-step to using IFA that is 95% valid. I posted yesterday with a bit more info that should make it 100% for you, m8.

I notice that your image file is named Andromeda V1.40 Sagem 1x.img
Change to androm1x.img (ie 8.3 format) and put in C:\ root directory. It might help IFA.

Let us know how you get on. Cheers- AL

Last edited by a moderator:
boot: elfcopy failed: 16
Something is blocking the network antivirus,firewall,another network card,etc disable them all try typing boot net and press enter on this command
dbox2:root>boot net

Hi, Thanks I have the box on an old P.C it has only one network card (the one in use) and it has kaspersky internet security which is disabled, the windows one is also off. But ill give the renameing of the image and different ifa a go, Thanks.

Thanks

Hi, Thanks to all yes a different ifa version worked in the end I used 1.5.6 in the end, but I still had to manualy type 'boot net' but after this it worked just fine. [SIGN]Many thanks to all[/SIGN], Dtwomac :Clap:

Good result! I do love a happy ending, LOL! Hope you made step by step notes from start to finish, coz if you have to go down this route again in a month or so, you'll find you've forgotten most of it!!

Cheers- AL

ps- Great to see Jaffa back in his usual clothing... :Clap:

pps: We're gonna kick your arses on Sunday, Jaffa, m8!!

Hi PaphosAL, Yes made extensive notes. So with any luck I should have no problems in the future. Thanks again.

Anyone know what latest IFA version is?

I've got v3.0, not got v1.5.6 as mentioned by dtwomac.

Would rather use something known to work so any idea where I get v1.5.6?

cheers

The version I used was in the downloads\tools section on the third page near the bottom, Hope this helps. Don't forget if it will not boot first time type 'boot net' that gets it going. regards. Dtwomac. :proud:

Anyone know what latest IFA version is?

I've got v3.0, not got v1.5.6 as mentioned by dtwomac.

Would rather use something known to work so any idea where I get v1.5.6?

cheers

To be honest, techquest, I haven't tried v3.0 yet. But v1.5.6 is the version that gave me all the grey hair and long beard... LOOK AT ME! I'm only 24 ffs!!

The IFA I've been using these past couple of months is v2.3.1 and this one seems solid. Once it's away, there's no stopping it. So no annoying hangs part-way through, where you have to kick-start it back into life by getting 'active' in the console window. (No null-modem in this scenario, and you'd be sitting there all night, LOL!)

Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?cu9s1zj91jc

Cheers- AL

Hi paphosAL, I tried the V3 and this is the one that gave me a headache, so it must be system or system setup related as to if it wants to work or not, BTW I think the beard looks good on you LOL Dtwomac. :thumbsup:

LOL! I know they say not to fix somrthing if it ain't broken, but you might want to try the process again, using your earlier notes and 2.3.1 m8.

If it works first time, you'll go to bed thinking "Kein System? Yeah- bring it on!!"

It's nice to know you're in control... :Laugh:

To be honest, techquest, I haven't tried v3.0 yet. But v1.5.6 is the version that gave me all the grey hair and long beard... LOOK AT ME! I'm only 24 ffs!!

The IFA I've been using these past couple of months is v2.3.1 and this one seems solid. Once it's away, there's no stopping it. So no annoying hangs part-way through, where you have to kick-start it back into life by getting 'active' in the console window. (No null-modem in this scenario, and you'd be sitting there all night, LOL!)

Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?cu9s1zj91jc

Cheers- AL

Cheers Al, now I reckon you got the edge on me for hair m8, will have to try growing the beard though. I was only 21 when I looked like that! lol

Back