If Your Gonna Fly The Flag Put It The Right Way Up

the-wappy-one

Inactive User
Reaction score
Sorry just a little bug i got ..

after the england game lastnight... tho im not a footly fan more a rugby fan... i just thought id put this post on here..

the correct Dimentions of the UK Flag

2x34dx.gif

Please fly it the right way up it bug nerds like me

THERE SO PATRIOTIC THEY DONT KNOW THE FLAG CAN BE UPSIDEDOWN!!!!

Rant over

ahh i know they wont know that but this is OUR FLAG NOT THERES

Come on how im just spredding a little knowledge

no but you dont catch americans flying flags with less the requierd amout off stars and stripes on it do you???. (Some do but thats because they dont reconise some of the states .. long story)

My point is once the WC come's round you get this sudden surge of patrism and people dont know the significance of there own flag...

the-wappy-one said:
no but you dont catch americans flying flags with less the requierd amout off stars and stripes on it do you???. (Some do but thats because they dont reconise some of the states .. long story)

I'd be surprised if most Americans actually know how many states there are? Over 70% of Americans don't hold a passport and haven't a clue what country is where on the globe let alone their flags? If you were to go onto the streets and ask the average Joe what the next state to their's was, they probably could'nt tell you?

The most ignorant race in the world.

Its known as upside down but i see what you mean ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Jack

In the United States it is very common to see the flag flying upside down, since flag makers simply supply two holes, one at the top, the other at the bottom. Without an understanding of the significance of the placement in relation to the St Andrew cross, it is easy to make the mistake. It is also fairly common to see the flag upside down within the UK itself, a mistake by people who probably don't even realise it has a proper way round.

Correct

Incorrect

im sure my grandad told me when i was a kid that the union jack was flown (is that a real word? lol) upside down as a sign of distress on old navy vessels during the wars as flares would have given away that they were sitting ducks and thats how they used to get assistance from the rest of the fleet they were with

EDIT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Jack said:
Traditionally, flying a flag upside down is understood as a distress signal, however this slight asymmetry is too small to be seen reliably at any distance

damn i know some useless info lol

Last edited:
ok all u cleaver lads whos flag is diffenent on the back ??

wales cos the dragon looks the wrong way ;)

or paraguay :proud:

digidude said:
im sure my grandad told me when i was a kid that the union jack was flown (is that a real word? lol) upside down as a sign of distress on old navy vessels during the wars as flares would have given away that they were sitting ducks and thats how they used to get assistance from the rest of the fleet they were with

EDIT

damn i know some useless info lol

That would explain why so many sailors visit my sister in-law ........

i did know it was them, but had to look upwhy ;)

three equal, horizontal bands of red (top), white, and blue with an emblem centered in the white band; unusual flag in that the emblem is different on each side; the obverse (hoist side at the left) bears the national coat of arms (a yellow five-pointed star within a green wreath capped by the words REPUBLICA DEL PARAGUAY, all within two circles); the reverse (hoist side at the right) bears the seal of the treasury (a yellow lion below a red Cap of Liberty and the words Paz y Justicia (Peace and Justice) capped by the words REPUBLICA DEL PARAGUAY, all within two circles)

the thick white line should always be in the top left corner as indicated in the earlier posts

Back