Idiot new members

im new and will ask questions mainly because i have no idea how to get to what i want.

wont be in here much tbh, just need some info on channels and sattelites etc

you cant learn with out questions being asked.

there only classed as stupid questions cause you already know the answer, but the person asking it obviously dosnt so to them its not stupid, we were all in the same boat once. LOL i still am

No question is stupid, that's how we learn. The mods do a pretty good job on here and usually spot post clockers pretty quickly. I was a newbie who joined to down load something then when I found out I couldn't I stayed around for a while and asked stupid questions and have never looked back. I get a lot of help and loads of info and I hope I have helped others, I am not always on here, sometimes I'm missing for weeks on end but this is the first place I come to when I want to ask something as I know I will always get an answer.
If it wasn't for DW I wouldn't know half as much as I do now about a lot of stuff.

And remember "There is always someone who knows something you don't" and what better place to find that someone.

Joe

i remember when i first joined up here, i had just got a dreambox and was wanting some help, someone pointed me to this forum.

i was an idiot as i am sure most of us were when we first started up, yes i wanted a quick 20 posts so i can download and learn more about my dreambox, after a couple of weeks i learned all i needed to learn so i could be comfortable flashing images and faultfinding e.t.c.
Thanks go to a lot of members who helped me on my way, and no one ever called me an idiot for posting something stupid ( again thanks chaps. )

After the first few weeks i got what i wanted, but found there is a lot more to DW than the download section, i cant remember the last time i looked at the DBOX / DREAMBOX threads, i am now quite happy posting in the GENERAL CHAT or the SPORTS Threads.
Or even some of the other threads, after a while you get used to the other members and get to know what you can and cant get away with when posting. Yes sometimes i like a bit of banter and take the piss but everyone seems to take it well, well most people anyway.

if you are an idiot or not i am sure you will all agree this Forum is the best, well done to all the MoDS for keeping it that way. And any other Idiots other than me who like to come on here for a good laugh.

Last edited:
listen guys everybody start off somewhere and for most its the bottom (noob) im sure everybody has leeched at some point and made a crap post about something they have not known about, either due to lack off knowledge or just poor knowledge off search features.

if the forums were constructed as good as they should be then "noob posts" should be at a minimum. by constructed coorectly i mean sticky on subjects that say

mosc problems here and ambit 250 tools here

or you could have a sticky in the top section off each forum, within that sticky it could include links to the top 10 asked questions for that section, and a link to search button lol

im sure this would sort out most peoples problems first.

well thats my 2pworth anyway

Hello everyone,

I think theres both sides to this argument. But think faith should be instilled in the moderators and admins who have done a fantastic job with this site. I myself am still quite new and learn alot via this site and to be honest am overwhelmed sometimes, but everytime I have needed help there have been many people willing and ready.

Alot of the points made above are valid and yes there will always be those few who use this site purely for their own personal gain, with no intention of returning anything to the community. But, like myself who used this site first for a keyroll software, give them time and some will develop into useful members of the community whereas others will just leach.

I myself only recently have been able to come up with something to return to the community in way of discounted supplements, until which point i was feeling like a leach and quite useless.

lets give everyone a break, and like the above have recommended, report bad posts and forward any pm's or messages which have offended you or anyone else. Let the admins and mods decide who belongs here and who doesnt

P.S keep an eye out and you'll soon differentiate the leachers from the "real" members.

The only way to learn is by asking questions to one a question might be stupid to another its not so lets have patience with all asking questions and like someone said in one of the posts you can spot the post clockers a mile off. no-one knows everything and sharing knowlegde is a fantastic thing and can only make DW a better forum if that is possible.

ps I think some members forget what it was like to be a newbie sometimes its not easy knowing how to type and explain what your looking for or ask for help in the right way. I for one know that typing and asking can be misread,and some people read it differently others can take offence when none was intended .

Last edited:
And also a constructave post doesnt need to be helping someone, having a bit of banter is also what the forum is about.

But we were all newbies at some point in time and we all came here for a reason. Can you honestly say you just signed up to help people?

Folk need to lighten up, have a laugh, dont go telling folk to "F*ck up, stop posting crap" as it will just put folk off posting alltogether.

thats a great point cos i also woffle abit and dont know that much about anything to help people but at least we try when we can and enjoy the site

The only way to learn is by asking questions to one a question might be stupid to another its not so lets have patience with all asking questions and like someone said in one of the posts you can spot the post clockers a mile off. Know one knows everything and sharing knowlegde is a fantastic thing and can only make DW a better forum if that is possible.

ps I think some members forget what it was like to be a newbie sometimes its not easy knowing how to type and explain what your looking for or ask for help in the right way. I for one know that typing and asking can be misread,and some people read it differently others can take offence when none was intended .

Wise words from a burd.

The title of this thread is a digrace and so are some of the comments made.

I'm mean come on everybody's new at one point and I'm sure everybody's asked a stupid question at one point.

If someone posts a very simple question, point them in the right direction i.e SEARCH button or give them the advice needed.

But just because your less reliant on help now don't get all high and mighty and start bad mannered threads like this.

Personally I don't mind helping people even if it does seem a very simple question. As I can remember when I've been stuck on something so simple and just couldn't see the wood for the trees.

Come on guys where's the team spirit ??? :)

i am 1 of the new people you are all on about

i have never tried to use this site before im here because i need help and advise i understand about the post counts and why they are in place not everyone is here to rip the site off some ppl like myself are really genuine but as newbies we all make errors i would ask you people to cut us newbies a bit of slack if i could help others i would but i know nothing yet to help you all with unless you want to know about boring stuff well i think it is hard enough to find help when you dont know what you are doing to start with and then you cant get what you need because you dont have download access it then gets frustrating when you spend 3 hours reading threads finding what you need to do but cant get to it because you are restricted and to boot you cant hit your post requirements because your questions have already been asked and its pointless asking again then to find you cant even post the relevant questions you want answering in the correct sections as you are also restricted from doing so dont get me wrong if i knew what i needed and knew where to look for it i would go get it and pay for it but i dont so cant

i have never tried to use this site before im here because i need help and advise i understand about the post counts and why they are in place not everyone is here to rip the site off some ppl like myself are really genuine but as newbies we all make errors i would ask you people to cut us newbies a bit of slack if i could help others i would but i know nothing yet to help you all with unless you want to know about boring stuff well i think it is hard enough to find help when you dont know what you are doing to start with and then you cant get what you need because you dont have download access it then gets frustrating when you spend 3 hours reading threads finding what you need to do but cant get to it because you are restricted and to boot you cant hit your post requirements because your questions have already been asked and its pointless asking again then to find you cant even post the relevant questions you want answering in the correct sections as you are also restricted from doing so dont get me wrong if i knew what i needed and knew where to look for it i would go get it and pay for it but i dont so cant

I think that you will find, despite the title of this thread, that most people here are helpful and considerate.

Most of the replies in this thread, I think, bear this out: with people disagreeing with the original premise.

Last edited:
Only thing I have noticed over the last few weeks with the onslaught of new members is that they seem to demand you tell them something rather asking politely or use the search. Alot of stuff they are asking about can be found using the search, maybe not straight away but within a few minutes of looking.

ok can you please tell me how i can ask questions about the nokia dbox 2 and the required images i need for them where can i post my questions as a newbie i done searches read threads have now got a rough idea what to do with my box to get it working but cant find the required software i need and when i try to post other than here i hit a brick wall either pay to download or post but i cant post as im restricted so im in catch 22 im going mad any help would be great

Back